Monday, March 15, 2010

Another Completed Fiasco Creation

And sew I have completed another sewing project. And it's cute. It's oh-sew very cute. (Don't worry. I don't keep that up thru the whole post.)



A ruffle butt onesie.

Couldn't you just eat it up with a spoon?

I found it here and here.



Don't you just wanna pinch those ruffles????

I will definitely tweak it a little from the way I did it this time. The INSTRUCTIONS (remember that word, it'll be important later in the story) said to serge the strips, then gather (or ruffle) them. I waited to do the project until I could use Mrs. L's serger. Next go 'round I'll probably just zigzag them on my machine.



The S on front is applique. And my precious man had to think for a second, wondering what in the world the S stood for. We're so used to calling her Doh Doh sometimes we forget her REAL name. (And aren't you glad her REAL name isn't Doh Doh???)

Now, before you stand up to applaud me (you know you were about to), check out the next picture. (It's not a good pic. Remember, the girl is now MOBILE. Photo opps are few and far between.)



Yes, that's right. SOMEHOW, the butt ruffles (doesn't sound as cute that way, does it?) didn't quite make it on the bootie. Hmmm. I'm pretty sure I've confessed before that directions just really aren't my thang. Well, after reading the INSTRUCTIONS to make the ruffles I decided that I could take it from there.

Obviously I couldn't.

Sidebar: This is a great parallel between sewing instructions and our personal lives. Don't we tell the Lord all the time that WE know better. Without consulting him, or with total disregard after He has TOLD us what to do, we go on and do it our way.

Sigh. It's never an easy lesson.

They're more like lower back ruffles.

The ruffle lower back onesie.

Definitely not as cute. Doesn't really trickle off the tongue the same way, does it?

Cute leggings though, huh?

So when I decide to do another ruffle butt onesie I'll actually try to have the ruffles on the actual...uh, bootie. But I ain't makin' any promises.

Update: Operation Urge to Purge
Yes, Operation Urge to Purge is totally underway. This weekend our closet made a full recovery. It no longer looks like the closet of a spoiled preteen princess and more like that of a young (ahem!) married couple. With kids. I filled one HUGE bag to take to Goodwill. The rest is on hangers, in piles, and already stuffed in my car for my appointment tomorrow. Yeehaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment