Take a plain wooden picture frame. This one was $5, bought on sale at Hobby Lobby. Can't remember if they put unfinished wood 50% or 30% off. Anyway, pretty good bargain.
Then find some really cute labor.
We actually painted our frames b/c these were Valentine gifts for the grandparents. (Yes, I said VALENTINE'S and I'm just now posting. That's not b/c I'm a lazy blogger. It's b/c the grandparents just received their VALENTINE'S gifts this past weekend. Wanted to maintain the element of surprise until they FINALLY received their gifts.)
Anyway, the frames turn out really cute even if you don't paint them. So it makes it an even EASIER, even CHEAPER project. Me likey.
Grab some scrapbook paper, Mod Podge (oh how I love thee, Mod Podge!!), some cute embellishments, sandpaper, and........VOILA!
If you rub the edges with sandpaper it makes them look more worn, more vintage-like. A little rugged. Again, if you don't paint them this shows thru a little more.
I went SUPER light on the embellishments. I thought, for the grandmothers, they looked cuter that way.
Especially since the main focus will be the cute kiddos whose picture will eventually be gracing the frames. After an entire month of sickness I didn't have a
Go here for instructions on this project. I didn't make this one up!
Now, go craft with your kids! It's a blast...and I guarantee you'll make a great memory doing so.




I'm so going to do this!
ReplyDelete