Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oh My Man, I Love Him So

Yesterday was a particularly hard day with Doh Doh. By the time my man got home loads and loads of laundry were piled up, but not folded. Dinner was made, but it was comfort food for Bubba and me. Not at all my man's favorite. He quietly made his own dinner, even entertaining Doh Doh while I ate in peace.

At the end of the evening he put clean sheets on our bed, folded his own clothes, and surveyed the rest of the house and told me to go to bed.

This morning he told me what a great Momma I am. (Ok, so he actually said what a great Momma Bear I am.....)

He likes his shirt tucked in. I prefer t-shirts and swimsuits.
He likes close-toed shoes. I'm always barefoot, or in flip-flops.
He croons to the cheesiest 80s music. I'm rockin' out to Indigo Girls.
He can't hear a thing. I can hear a mouse break wind in Oklahoma.
He PRETENDS to not like Golden Girls. I can't get enough of my girls.
He stays glued to anything sports. Musical theatre makes my heart pitter patter.

But as we always say, we are sooooo MFEO (Made For Each Other, for those who have never seen Sleepless in Seattle).

And one day our kids will be grown and out of the house. And we'll be together, just like we were before the kids were here. And while I don't look forward to those days just yet (I kinda like having my babies around!!) I know that he'll be there.

And I love my man.



"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother."
-- Theodore Hesburgh, president emeritus of Notre Dame University


That title, by the way, is from one of my favorite "victim" songs. Streisand sings it the best, but for some reason it was my "go to" song during freshman year at college. (And I wasn't necessarily singing it about men. Only RJ will understand all this!)

1 comment:

  1. Closer I am to fine...yeah! I'm with you on the Indigo Girls.

    ReplyDelete