I know, I know. What's with me and song titles? Can't help myself.
As with any good project
I learned something about myself while completing it.
This is a project I've wanted to do for MONTHS now.
I have no idea why I haven't been able to get to it.
But it's Friday. We all know what that means, right? Fridays are the days ALL my friends hate me. Fridays are the days the boys go spend the night with grandparents. And today, those AMAZING, LOVING, AWESOME grandparents picked them up at noon. And kept them all afternoon. And night. They'll be home sometime tomorrow.
So today Doh Doh and I had our first real girls' shopping trip. (I refuse to count any trip that involves diapers and toilet paper as a SHOPPING TRIP.)
And then we came home and I crafted. And she was SUPPOSED to nap. (Don't worry. She got a stern lecture about her behavior.) ;o)
And so I chose this project, because it was supposed to be an easy 10-minute or so craft.
It wasn't.
But I have desperately wanted this accessory. So I kept going. All the while DD was attached to my leg.
Those are my jammie bottoms. Don't judge. I craft better when comfy.
Come to think of it, I do everything better when in my jammies. Again, don't judge.
I persevered. And I think it was worth it. But ask me tomorrow. I might change my mind. Once the feeling comes back into my thumb.
It's difficult pushing a long needle thru that much fabric.
Even typing hurts.
But after months of DESIRE, I have my perfect spring/summer accessory. Whatcha think?
Ignore my skin, which has suddenly decided I'm a pubescent 14-year old. Again. And TRY to ignore Man v. Food on the TV in the background. When I craft, my man gets full control of the tube. Not that he doesn't all the other times.....
So, WHAT IN THE WORLD did I learn about myself doing this project?
* I don't like dainty projects, like desperately trying not to break extremely thin thread. I actually stitched the fabric 5 times. Broke the blasted thread 4 times.
* I need a thimble. Ow.
When did the spacebar get so hard? Ow.




No comments:
Post a Comment