Saturday, March 20, 2010

Concentration...Such As...

Remember that old game?? Concentration??? Am I a child of the 80s or what???

Well, I'm concentrating. I know, I know. Don't strain myself, right? I'm actually CONTEMPLATING. But I didn't have a good title for CONTEMPLATION.

Maybe it's the cold weather, the rainy day. Not sure, BUT I'm contemplating painting my stools in the kitchen.

It's not a life or death situation, obviously.

But you see....4 years ago we painted our house and redid some things, all b/c we were going to put it on the market before too long. Did I mention that was 4 years ago?

F-O-U-R.

(Well, I'm pretty sure it was 4. Pretty sure I was prego with Bruiser.)

Anyway, we are still here. And it doesn't look like we're going anywhere anytime soon. And so I have that itch. You know the one.....the itch that beckons to you in the dead of night, pleading with you, enticing you with thoughts of paint colors, self expression, and CHANGE.

That's what's missing from my house right now. SELF EXPRESSION.

And I need it back. I'm in this house 24-7 and I CRAVE some CHANGE. I need it to scream, "I BELONG TO AMY!"

And b/c I'm in the kitchen about 20 out of 24 hours per day (or at least it feels that way) then I desperately want kitchen changes.

These are the barstools that desperately need attention.


No, the barstools and I didn't just have a beautiful photo opp for this post. Here's another pathetic story: I took pictures of our house in September of 2008, while prego with Doh Doh. My cleaning lady had just come and I came home to a VERY clean, picked up, and visually deceptive organized home. I thought we were putting our house on the market. So I viewed the miracle cleanliness as a photo opp.

Sigh.

Now, while my man and the oldest offspring are napping (and the two youngest are entertaining each other...hmmm, I should probably check on them) I'm going to surf the web for kitchen ideas. Small kitchen ideas. Kitchen ideas that won't repulse potential homebuyers....if we ever get that far.......

No comments:

Post a Comment