Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Oh, Spring! Glorious Spring!

Hello, Spring? Is that you? Please stay. PLEASE don't leave me!

Yes, I'm desperate.

It will come as no surprise to those who know me that we spent almost the entire day outside. Big shocker, eh?

HOWEVER, the day started blah. Yes, blah. I stood in my closet, looked over my clothes, and sighed. A deep, melancholy sigh. I chose yoga pants -- BIG surprise, I know. I wear yoga pants everyday. Every. Day. I changed tops 3 times. And still unhappy with clothing choice #3.

Sidebar: When did I become my mother? We always made fun of Mom, wearing her "uniform" everyday. Now yoga pants scream uniformity. I am that mom.

Even deeper, more melancholy sigh.

There's no point in shopping for new clothes until I lose MORE weight. I'm doing well, but I'm not there yet. YET. And so I look over my closet, sulk, get depressed, and grab something that I only slightly less than hate.

But then I looked outside. And saw the glorious sunshine. SUNSHINE. And I thanked God for SUNSHINE. And then I dressed Doh Doh. My mood began to perk up.



Cute jeans? Check. Springy colored shirt? Check. Hair accessory to make a girl stand out? Double check.

I didn't want to come straight home like we do every same ole way, every same ole day. So we picked up Bubba from school and headed to our pizza place. After a couple of slices, a Coke to share, we even headed to the attached movie rental and picked not one BUT TWO movies. (It was $1 day. And this is only their 2nd time to get to do that. Does that make me a bad mom?)

Then we drove to the car wash. (Or wash down, as the boys say. Any Thomas the Train fans out there?) I gave Bubba a plastic bag with instructions to my little hoarder to CHUNK THE JUNK.

This is when I wish -- oh how I wish! -- I'd had my camera.

I'm raising a hoarder.

Then I vacuumed my car. Then we came home and dusted and cleaned windows inside my car.



I think the heavens parted a little.

And then we played. Oh how we played!



Doh Doh did a LOT of watching her big brothers.

Of course we had to play in the fort.....




...and swing....


...and have a picnic.


After dragging 3 very tuckered out widdle kiddos inside, I began vacuuming. It's official: Spring Fever has hit me. And that means CLEANING. I love cleanliness!!! I'm starting a 3-ring binder tonight. It's for all my To Do's. (Yeah, we'll see how long that lasts. I'm not really a list-making individual. But I usually am when cleaning.)

So, to recap from yet another eternal post:

********It was a GREAT day.********


AND to help with the whole “clothing” issue, I also called and made my spring appt with the consignment store I take my stuff to. It’s March 16th…so I HAVE to purge my closet. And the kids’ closets. I’m SO ready for this. Seriously, I’m fired up. I might treat myself to some still-fat-after-all-these-months clothes. Oh, who am I kidding? Still-fat-after-all-these-YEARS clothes. I hate myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment