You might remember a previous
Today, you will be happy to know, I was SUPERVISED. (What is with me and CAPS today?) Yes, I was happily supervised at church for our monthly FYI sewing session. I love these days.
Sidebar note here: If you live in the area, you are MORE than happy to join us monthly to sew, learn to sew, have free childcare, gab with a bunch of women, have free childcare, sew, have free childcare....you get the message. Let me know if you need info. You don't have to be a member!
Back on point: Today was fun, but not as much time for sewing. Today is Mrs. L's b-day, and so we had a nice luncheon for her. Afterwards I quickly ran back to our sewing room so that I could at least finish one project today. There's something about the finality of a sewing project, the completion of it. It's an AWESOME feeling.
As a Momma who does nothing but pick up toys, make beds, fix meals, clean, do laundry, pick up toys, cook, clean, pick up toys, make beds, pick up toys...all DAY EVERY DAY (all caps AGAIN) it feels so good to COMPLETE something. Staying at home you have the same day, every day. I actually love it b/c my babies never SAY the same things every day. So it's new and refreshing every morning. BUT some days are hard. Anyway, with sewing there is completion. And I get to see the handy work my hands have done. (Is that redundant?)
So after completing one bib, I came home to do an even BETTER job on one for my sweet friend L who just had baby girl #2.
And because I'm oh-so-tricky like that, I made it REVERSIBLE. Oooh, ahhhh, ohhhh....
Be amazed. Be VERY amazed.....
Nice, huh? I hope L likes it. I texted her the pictures and she loved the fabric. Hope she likes it in real life! HA!
I plan on attempting more bibs this weekend. I really like velcro bibs. I know not everyone does, but so far they work for Doh Doh. I like little ones b/c they're good for teething. Well, not good FOR teething, but good WHILE they're teething.
I also took a picture of Doh Doh's dress I did last week. She wore it today to show everyone. It looked so cute on. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture BEFORE we left. (We were running late. Imagine that?) So I took picture after we got home.

Ok, so the picture isn't great. No nap. AND, I discovered AFTER the picture was taken, she was coughing up something. She must have picked up a piece of lint or something little, but she was "working it up" while I was capturing her cuteness on camera. Yes, I'm reminded daily I should receive multiple Mother of the Year Awards.

So my sewing abilities are improving. Thanks, Mrs. L. And happy birthday!
This weekend I'm attempting more bibs. AND ALSO, b/c I'm getting SUPER ambitious, my mom's going to help me sew a skirt. I'm a dress and skirt fanatic. But I don't have any cute ones for the winter. (Well, not any knock-about kind. Lots of church ones. But not any to just wear around the house.) So I've got a cute one from J. Jill that I'm planning on using as a pattern. That is, if I get REAL ambitious. Just thinking about it excites me...and nauseates me at the same time.




Love it...and I love the Sophie's dress. You are SEW terrific!
ReplyDeleteYou ARE sew fantastic! Pretty pretty.
ReplyDelete