Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Can Feel It Comin' In the Air Tonight...

Ok, I'm certainly NOT a Phil Collins phan fan, BUT I couldn't resist the title. I do feel it coming on...the cold that is. I've had a bit of a sore throat the last couple of days, but today the sniffles have started. I don't usually get sick very often, so hopefully I just have a slight case........

(Which, by the way, tho I mentioned vomiting two posts in a row, my kids have had colds/ear infections and not a stomach virus. I just have two outta three kids who tend to vomit. A lot. Bubba vomited with every tooth he cut. And any time he has the sniffles he gets nauseous...which leads to his head in the toilet...and me armed with paper towels, cleaner, and rags. I know the drill.)

Bubba went to school today. (& had a visit to the nurse's office, which turned into a phone call to me...but that's a separate crying wolf story.) Since today was about to be day 6 at home, I loaded up the younger two and hit Hobby Lobby and Target. We weren't at either place very long, and even through "Hobby Hobby" Bruiser kept saying, "When are we going home?" Even a look at all the choo choo sets couldn't console him. If we hadn't needed milk, Target would've been skipped altogether.

Anywhooo, Doh Doh is down for a nap, Bruiser is working puzzles, Bubba is...wait, where's Bubba? Ok, Bubba is in his room practicing writing his letters and numbers. And Momma? Momma has been sewing! I needed to do something that didn't involve dishes, laundry, diapers, or snot wiping. So I made a burp rag, and I'm about to make more.

Feast your eyes on this.....ok, so it's not really a FEAST. It's one. One tiny little burp rag that took about 5 minutes to make. But I'm pleased.



My sewing friends will recognize this fabric. I used it for an apron. They got more at HL and I just couldn't resist!





Up next is some cute little fabric flowers and ribbon flowers.

However....

...my head is starting to swim and the couch is calling my name. I think I'm finished sewing for a bit. But first, I need to wash my hands. Someone has used the keyboard. With sticky fingers. And the space bar is permanently attached to my thumb. I. Hate. Sticky. Sticky is...icky.

No comments:

Post a Comment