But it ain't.

And I know that not one of you really thought that. You have little ones, too. So you know what it's about.
Doh Doh has had her first Cheerio.
Special moment.
And so you'd think that she had it sitting in her highchair, that had been freshly scrubbed and sanitized, with her favorite sippy cup of water close by, cameras flashing to catch the momentous occasion.

Or so you'd think.
But when you have 2 other children, one of whom is sick AGAIN and home from school, then special moments rarely happen with the third the way they happened with the first. Or even second.
DD had her first Cheerio today. That she found. Under the coffeetable.
And as I fished it out her mouth, trying to discover exactly what she was mashing between those toothless gums, a purple blob came out. Yes, her first Cheerio was not the whole grain kind (which still has sugar in it...grrrrrr). It was Bruiser's Fruity Cheerio treat he picked at the store the other day.

Double grrr. Her first Cheerio was loaded with sugar. And red dye 40. Niiiice going, Mom.
And so I scooped her up, put her in the highchair, and fed her some REAL Cheerios. She thought she was so big. She's had the organic fruit puffs, so this wasn't a real stretch, people.

Turns out it's been a big week for DD. She had her first whole strawberry last night (that wasn't inside a mesh bag to suck on).

Which she loved.

Her first kiwi. Which she loved. She's truly her mother's girl. Have I ever mentioned that I eat kiwi every day? Yes, I'm too weird.
She started crawling. Well, crawling FORWARD this week.

And since she started doing this yesterday at naptime....

Daddy came home and lowered her bed. First time we've had to do this since she was born. Seems funny. We lowered the boys' bed at about 6 months of age. She's 9 1/2 months. But I don't think she's too mad at you, Daddy.



Now that that's done, could you put up some kind of guardrail to keep away my brothers?

A girl needs some alone time, after all.
And now this Momma has to go and see what Bruiser is doing. I can hear him singing, "Oh, how I love Jesus! Oh, how I love Jesus!" And how much does this Momma love that??? Yes, oh how WE LOVE JESUS!




No comments:
Post a Comment