As newlyweds, or possibly even when we were dating, my man and I started calling each other Momma Bear and Daddy Bear. Shh. Don't tell him I told you. He remembers how it all started; I do not. I would ask him, but then, as he traveled down Memory Lane, he'd get suspcious. So I'll just tell you that at some point I named us our
So during my pregnancy with bambino #1 we began calling him Bubba. Yes, we are from the South. Yes, it does have redneck written all over it. BUT we knew he was our oldest, our first, and somehow it just fit. After Bubba came along at over 9 lbs and 22" long, Bubba definitely seemed apropos. What's funny is that he truly is the best big brother. Always protective, always the boss. Always the "big" Bubba.

And then bambino #2 came along..... Unlike my first pregnancy where Bubba would move around and kick, but did so in a polite manner, #2 son was quite the opposite. He bruised my innerds. No real polite way to put it. He was rarely still, using my ovaries as soccer balls. I began calling him Bruiser, and three years later it is still the perfect nickname for him. Ever so fitting. (By the by, he still hasn't stopped moving....)
+cropped+-+Copy+2.jpg)
Fast forward to our precious Little Miss, my original nickname for her. I began calling her that while pregnant, hoping it would stick, but alas it did not. In accordance with his role in our family, Bruiser began calling her Doh Doh. I should input here that his speech has been slow b/c of constant ear infections and

And so that is our




No comments:
Post a Comment