Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rain, Mr. Darcy, & the Crafter Within

It's a rainy day. It's cloudy. It's Spring-like. It's begging me to shun all housework duties, turn on Pride & Prejudice (after my Golden Girls are over, of course), and get my craft on.

I have this waiting to be finished.



It needs a few more coats of paint, two little boys to help me with that, funky scrapbook paper, and Mod Podge. (Oh, how I love thee Mod Podge!)

I have this little diddy calling to me, also begging me for Mod Podge and funky paper.



And if those two projects aren't enough, I hear the distant voice of blank walls... And here's these sit, waiting for me. Beckoning me.



Don't worry. I have big plans for those as well.

But here it is, a morning where BOTH boys are at school, Doh Doh is napping, and I can't quite figure out what I want to do first! But I'd better figure it out soon. I have less than 2 hours before I have to get the fellas. (Sigh.)

Maybe it will be a crafting afternoon for ALL of us. If it stays dreary out we won't be going outside. Time to break out all the paints, papers, and glue and get those creative juices flowing!

We also have big plans for the evening. We've promised the boys take-out for dinner. They get excited about that. Too excited. I see a night of beds on the floor made out of pillows, a movie from the On Demand channel, and cheesy goodness in pie form. And perhaps, if I'm really sneaky, I can read Jane Austen while they watch their movie. Sounds perfect. Doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment