I just have to be able to get outside. And enjoy it. And today was one of those days. Well, it didn't really start out that way. I had forgotten that Bruiser's class picture re-takes were today. He goes to preschool half-day twice a week. Does he REALLY need to participate in a class picture???
When he had his school picture taken alone they had to get Bubba out of class to come and stand with him. And take their picture together. Then he finally posed alone. This morning he still had not warmed up to the idea of photographs. So what did it take to get him to pose? Me playing hide and seek behind the couch he, his teacher, and the other students were sitting on. All while holding Doh Doh. And getting stares from the other children coming down the hallway why a grown woman, holding a baby, was smushed behind a sofa, popping up her head every once and awhile to make a 3-year old giggle. And if that weren't enough, he also got a trip to his teacher's treasure box, a sucker, AND (the piece de resistance) a chocolate milk and biscuit from (where else?) McD's. Good grief.
Here is His Royal Highness enjoying said biscuit and milk of the chocolate variety. He doesn't like home photographs either.

But back to the glorious weather I was given today. This makes the second day in a row we've spent the entire afternoon out. From directly after lunch til dinner. Here is HRH again. Again with the grin, his photo enhancement du jour.

The boys even took a little "picnic" into the fort. Of course they had to share with Boo, our sweet friend and neighbor. (Remember: nicknames, people.)

When we came inside and everyone went straight to the tub. The water was...well, a nondescript color. Yum. And worth it.....
It's beginning to rain, and the electricity is beginning to flicker, BUT I have to share about a new book. I've actually wanted to read this book for quite some time now, but I'm just now reading it. Unfortunately. Wish I had read it as a new mother, but it's still not too late. "Shepherding a Child's Heart" by Tedd Tripp.
I'm still knee-deep in "The Family Manager" which I shared about before. And while it does have some great tips, it's similar to other organizational books. I've gleaned some good tips, but it hasn't been life-altering. This book, however, is doing just that. One quote from the preface, then I'm off to hunker-down under the covers and listen to the pitter-pat of the rain.
"Children are spring-loaded for worship. One of the most important callings God has given parents is to display the greatness, goodness, and glory of the God for whom they are made. Parents have the opportunity, through word and deed, to show children the one true object of worship--the God of the Bible. We know that the greatest delights our children can ever experience are found in delighting in the God who has made them for his glory." -- Tedd Tripp
Wow. And that's just the preface. And now off to listen to the torrential downpour outside. So much for the pitter-pat.




No comments:
Post a Comment