Question: (I feel like Dwight K. Schrute saying that!) But for reals. So do you decorate your home for each holiday? Do you decorate for Valentine's? I love decorating for Christmas and Fall, but that's about where my decorating has ended. I always consider doing all the holidays, but never can find decorations I like. (Well, decorations that aren't WAY too pricey! I can't help it...I have extremely expensive taste. Just ask my man.) So this year I'm making my own.
I love paper crafting. I'm obsessed, actually, with any type of paper product. I'm afraid Bubba has inherited this from me as well. He always wants new notebooks, pens, any type of paper. And me too! Every year I can hardly wait for school supplies to come out just so I can go and pick out new 3-ring binders & notebooks. And when Hobby Lobby puts their scrapbook paper on 50% off -- look out. You'll find me in the aisle searching for a new precious gem. Sometimes I just stand there and inhale all the deliciousness of the papier aroma. (What can I say. I'm a sniffer.)
So this weekend I began my Valentine's decorating. For once in my life I'm not waiting until the last minute. And my first project was a banner.
My workspace as I began collecting my items.
Lots of cutting, measuring, taping.....
Then a bit of embellishment. I have to admit, I usually go overboard here. But this time I just wanted simple, understated.
Everybody's using felt these days. And why not? It's cheap, super easy to use, and cute. Did I mention it's cheap?
What is my Momma doing NOW? Good. Grief.

Then I used twine to connect them. I ended up making hole punches, but I really wanted to use a needle and "sew" in the twine. Even with my largest needle I still couldn't thread the twine.
Had to get a side view b/c of glare from the TV. Front view here, with Fred Astaire!
Fun stuff. I'm still tweaking. I've even changed a few things since taking pictures. I know I said simple and understated, but I'm having a bit of a hard time with that one....
The fellas thought it was neat. We usually hang our Happy Birthday banner there so when Bruiser woke up from his nap he immediately asked when we were eating cake. Gotta love that kid.
Here's what they were up to this afternoon: tent building!
They were so excited to sleep in their tent tonight. Well, Daddy Bear and I just couldn't resist. I had actually found sleeping bags on clearance the other day. I bought them and put them back for later...birthdays maybe? Hadn't really decided. So, in the spirit of Valentine's (I'm decorating for that, after all) then we got out the surprises and gave them to the boys. We told them they were their Valentine's surprises...a little early. Ok, a LOT early.

If you can't tell, Bruiser got Buzz Lightyear and Bubba (of course) got Lightening McQueen. The slumber party in the tent lasted all of about 30 minutes. That's about 29 minutes longer than I thought. They are now sound asleep in my bed. Bubba assuring me that He still "needs" his sleeping bag. Just not in the tent.




I love the banner! You are so good. One day, you need to bring Miss Doh Doh over and we could do some crafting...It'll help with my cabin fever!
ReplyDelete