The day hasn't quite been what I thought it was going to be. I had high hopes of using Mod Podge today. I wasn't considering sewing. But my morning was spent doing household type things. (Boring, I know.) So after getting the boys, and a quick trip to Target for a b-day present (our evening isn't turning out as planned either...hello, Chuck E. Cheese for a b-day party....UGH.), I came home to do something crafty.
I wanted to make a flower. One of my favorite designers returned to Etsy after a brief hiatus. (Side note here: I'm addicted to etsy.com. I'm seeking therapy.) She returned with all new items, including funky headbands. Hello, inspiration! I actually bought one the other day from a different designer in Ireland. Different from what was inspiring me today, but super cute, huh?
It's simply attached to an elastic headband. I can do that. Kid stuff. So I hit a blog I occasionally read, My Mama Made It, and found this tutorial. Wasn't at all what I wanted, but it was simple enough.
So first I started with this.
Then cut my shapes, which I'll admit I did while
Then a little sewing.
And a flourish in the middle. I wanted to do an antique broach I have, BUT as I said before, this one didn't turn out perfect. Not that I'm totally looking for perfection, but I want this one for Doh Doh and it's just way too big for that. So two buttons did the trick.
Then I attached it to an elastic headband.
Not a great picture, I know. My cutest little model is sleeping. Daddy Bear would kill me if I used the boys as models. I haven't done my hair and makeup today so you get a shot of the top of my head and nothing more.
So what do you think? Pretty cute, huh? Tonight I'm making this.




No comments:
Post a Comment