I've wanted to do a blog for quite some time, but have been skeptical about putting my kids' pictures all over the internet. You may notice that I haven't used my kids' real names. Who knows? That may change over time. But I do enjoy having a bit of anonymity.
I love to write and find it an outlet. And let's be honest, as a stay-at-home mom (SAHM) to 3 little ones, I desperately need an outlet. (Did you notice the word-choice there? DESPERATE.) I also feel like I have a lot to say. (No comment here from those who truly know me!) About my life, my kids' lives, the deplorable state of our country and world, and the many, many opinions that flood my brain. I've also noticed over the years that I have trouble sharing my faith with non-believers. And so this is a way for me to share about our risen Savior and how we should be DESPERATE for Him every day.
As I type this opening post for my very first blog, my boys are riding their plasma car through the house, eating their sister's new organic veggie Puffs, begging me for more lemonade, and squealing in delight over who knows what. Their precious sister is trying to sleep...although I'm not sure how well that's going. And all of this seems so fitting for my first post.
So why "Covet the Dust"? You'll see in the header that I have two explanations given. The first was a quote I found on Sara Mincy's blog: "If I covet any place on earth but the dust at the foot of the cross, then I know nothing of Calvary love." Wow. When I first read it I knew that had to be my title. But I'm also a SAHM so dust is REALLY something I can relate to. (Can I get an amen?) And it bugs me...BUT I know that all too soon my babies will be grown, my house will be cleaner that it's ever been, and an eery quiet will overtake these walls.
So for now, I'll covet the dust: at the foot of the cross and in my house.




YAY!! So excited that you joined the blog world. I'll be reading. You're now on my google reader!
ReplyDeleteadding you to my Google reader too! Love the header title too!
ReplyDelete