Thursday, August 4, 2011

vacation pahlooza {sand art}

Welcome once again, to Vacation Pahlooza

Today we take a look at {sand art}......or rather, our play time in the sand.

Or rather pictures of my kids in the sand and I couldn't come up with better title.



It took awhile, but Doh Doh began to love the sand.  There was some major uncertainty....and some hilarious uncertainty....



Girl did NOT like the the feeling of the sand eroding underneath her feet as the water swept it away.

And there were some panic attacks.



I wish now I had gotten pics of her fear and utter terror of the sand movement.  But you may recall, I dropped my phone in the pool on Bubba's birthdayin June.  Since then I've gotten a little...shall we say, cautious??....around the water with any type of electronic item.




So I may have missed the cute panic attacks in the water, but I kept my camera intact.

AND....most importantly.....I kept my man from also having panic attacks. *wink*


There was another mom on the beach who was making all of us other moms look bad everyday created some type of new sand art.  I mean, elaborate concoctions of a mermaid, fish kissing, a dragonfly (that is sooooo not beachy) *snort*, and blah blah blah.

I couldn't let her one up me.  Not in front of my kids.



Yes, that is Spongebob.  Yes, he has sea shells for teeth.  Yes, I am proud.
Kinda.

We actually had some better efforts (hello, Patrick and Squidward) but alas there are no pictures.  Therefore I can brag about the awesomeness and you'll never know the difference.  Ha.  Actually, I wised up and used wetter sand for my other attempts.  Crucial, crucial move.

Again, water, wet sand....my camera was tucked safely away.




Do you not just want to go up and pinch that little bootie??  I mean, come on.....that's serious cuteness right there, folks.  No extra charge for the extra cuteness.

Are you still with me?  Too many pictures?  Too much sand?  Hang with me, folks.  We're not finished yet.....but we're closer!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On another note, as we get closer and closer to school starting, it is beginning to sink in that my precious, precious Momma's boy

will be in school for the very first time.  My big kindergartener has just 2 weeks left of Momma's undivided daytime attention.  He hasn't said very much, but I'm  beginning to crack. 

I'm holding closer.
I'm smooching more.
I'm squeezing tighter.
I'm inhaling deeper.

I'm a sniffer....remember?  Bruiser's good smells are few and far between.  TRUST ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment