Mondays aren't typically people's best days. Are they?
Well, we had a great one here at the house of M.
I'm sure you've had enough of my bullet points. But I love them. Crave them. Can't get enough of them. Dream about them at night. And yes, I'd like to marry them. I mean, if I didn't already have the cream of the crop. Or if bullet points were a hunky man and not...well, typography.
* the day started off with the boys arriving at school with just about 2 minutes to spare. I let them sleep in b/c we had a long weekend, which included taking in a Naturals game Saturday night. FUN!
* beds were never made today. And I'm ok with that.
* I cleaned my kitchen today. Deep cleaned. Including the top of the fridge. It feels good. Another reason I'm a-ok with the lack of bed making today.
* the kids played outside this afternoon. (In case you've missed the memo, and don't live in the South, it's been blasted hot here. I mean HOT.) Yesterday the boys -- with the assistance and supervision of their Daddy -- built a ramp. Or bridge. Depending on which kid you ask.
* today they also watered all the plants and even my garden. Which means I get the night off. Hippety-hip-hooray. (Dig these goofy faces below. Cuteness, no?)
* We listened to ABBA's greatest hits this evening. Which means we danced all evening long....while making dinner, while cleaning up, while making lunches for tomorrow, while waiting for Daddy to get home from working late, while giggling, while twirling, while wiggling our booties, while washing dishes, while shaking our groove thangs....
* and yes, I am the dancing queen. Knowing me, knowing you, it's the best I can do. And yes, the winner takes it all. *wink*
* tonight's dinner was sheer comfort food. Pasta, butter, parmesan, pepper. have. mercy. I love this meal. Does the picture make your heart go pitter-pat? No? It should.
* Doh Doh had a dr's appointment first thing this morning. Dermatologist treating *hopefully for the last time* her eczema spots. They have to burn them off with acid. It's gross.
* after that we hit a little furniture & accessories spot I like. Second hand, antiques, new pieces, market items....all at a great price. Love it. I found a couple of pieces. But I'm mulling them over. I can't decide. And I feel like I've spent way too much moolah this month anyway.
* which is the perfect segway for this next -- and most important -- bullet point. I have felt so selfish lately. It seems funny b/c as mommas we are NOT selfish creatures. Being a mother is completely selfless. I serve everyone else, everyday. And I'm horrible at taking time for myself. But here lately, so much of my time is devoted to decorating my house. Which means money is being spent to decorate my house. And I feel guilty, selfish, and it is plaguing my mind. For a year now our focus has been dealing with kids, and sick kids...and this house/our move. My heart is for a world who needs our God. A nation who is obsessed with money, materialism, and entitlement. I am none of those. My desire is to serve. And for whatever reason, I haven't been in that position for awhile. Yes, i do little things here and there. And perhaps this is just a season.... a time where the Lord is having us be somewhat selfish. I don't know. I just want my HEART to shine thru....my true desire. And that is to GO and SHARE the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
* and so i'm sharing. Do you know Jesus? Are you searching in life? Do you feel that there is MORE to life than just daily existence? There is. And it's Him. We've been put on this earth not to accumulate things. Not to make money. Not to have a family. We're put here to serve our Lord. We're here to praise Him. We're here to bring Him GLORY. In all things. I hope my blog does that. I never want to hinder anyone from seeing HIM. I don't deserve the life I have. And I'm grateful to my Savior every day.
* please never think my blog is showing off all that I have -- my family, my home, etc. My blog is a way of self-expression. A way of sharing my little slice of life. And a way of spreading the Good News.
* I have all 3 little punkins tucked in bed. The boys are dealing with growing pains. Not sure how much either will sleep tonight.
* my man just came in to show me this youtube clip. You MUST watch it. And woo pig sooie!
* I'm off to take a shower. Today I put a docking station in my bathroom. Which means I'll be rockin' out to ABBA while in the shower. Oh yes, I will.
* ahhh! I almost forgot. Get this....... Bruiser's teacher called me today. Apparently, he thought he didn't have a lunch. But never. said. a. word. Lining up for lunch she just happened to notice he didn't have a lunchbox. Nor had he ordered a plate lunch. So she helped him get a tray -- which thankfully was chicken nuggets, something the kid'll actually eat. Later on she went to get his folder out of his backpack. And found his lunchbox. And called to tell me. Hilarious. Two things were learned: (1.) I need to have direct eye contact from the boy when explaining things to him. (2). He needs to remember to get out his folder every morning. Like he's supposed to. Maybe then he'll find his lunch. And who knows what else?
AND HE LIKED THE PLATE LUNCH!!! AND WANTS IT AGAIN!!! But only on chicken nugget day. sigh. baby steps. baby steps.
and now, ABBA here I come. *wink*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment