I'm eating key lime Greek yogurt. have. mercy. You have GOT to try this. But don't buy it at my store. Every time I recommend something people buy it and then I can never find it anymore. So don't do that. But do try the key lime greek from the newly merged Dannon Oikos.
I did not get paid or reimbursed in any way, shape, form or fashion for this testimonial. But if Dannon Oikos wants to supply my family with a year's worth of yogurt for my glowing praise of their products I will happily acquiesce.
If I didn't know better (and trust me....I KNOW), I would swear I was pregnant.
Again, I promise. I'm. Not.
But I sure am nesting up a storm.
Yesterday I sent my man a text that read: HOUSE A DISASTER AREA. ENTER AT OWN RISK. TRYING TO ORGANIZE. I REPEAT: TRYING.
I really think it's b/c school starts next week. (Can you believe it? gasp!!!) I'm not ready. Not ready at all. Not ready to send my middle baby, my ultimate Momma's boy, off to school for the first time. Not ready to get up, wake up sleepy kids, and get our day started before 8 am. Not ready to pack lunches. Do homework. Deal with germs and more sickness.
I'm. Not. Ready.
HOWEVER, being the optimistic person I am, I'm trying to find the good in all of this. And it began to hit me........
My house is filthy. I can clean it, minus 2 mess-makers.
My house is cluttered. I can sort, toss, give away, put away w/o the sticky hands of 2 little fellas.
My pantry needs to be restocked. I can shop without being asked for every sugary item I refuse to allow my kids to eat.
My house is unorganized. I can....well, I can attempt to get it organized.
{still doesn't sound half as much fun as hanging out with my fellas and swimming, building tents, cuddling while watching Phineas & Ferb.....)
So anyway, yesterday I worked on my laundry room. It was a totally unplanned reorganization. I desperately needed to do laundry, but my laundry room had gotten so cluttered...well, I just didn't even want to go in there.
I've never really liked the room, but it's been low on the priority pole. But yesterday......ENOUGH was ENOUGH.
I needed to declutter. Whenever we have people over all the junk that hangs about in my kitchen always gets thrown in the laundry room.
Am I the only one who does this??????
Anyway, I had quite a bit of that in there, plus my craft storage containers, plus outdoor lights that haven't been hung, plus reusable shopping bags, plus our swimming stuff we use almost every day, plus..... UGH. Ok, so here was the before picture I posted months ago.
And the after...
Can you see all the floor space???? Ok, so not a big change. But it feels like it to me! I still hate that rug. {It was from the old house.} I'm having trouble finding rugs. Anybody found cute ones recently????
I moved ALL the crafting supplies OUT. O-U-T. I wanted the room for laundry. Novel idea, no? Some of the drawers made it to the craft room. Again, novel idea, no? The big blue-green ones went to our closet...for now.
Yesterday I also started working on the craft room. Messes breed more messes.
Ok, so here's the before picture of my cleaning supplies.
It just wasn't working. I found myself just throwing stuff in there and promising to "get to it later." Am I the only one who does this??????
This is gonna sound really bad, but for years I had a cleaning lady. She used certain supplies, never organized it, and constantly added new rags, sponges, etc. to the area. I'm still trying to use up some of the products she had. (I use vinegar & baking soda most of the time.) Anyway, it feels oh-so-good to organize this stuff. Is that weird?
Ok, so here's the after.........
Believe it or not, but it holds WAY more stuff. And just looking at it gives me a calming, serene feeling. Don't ya just love that???
Now it's time to work on the walls. And the space above the cabinets. BUT since I've already made a mess of the craft room, I better get busy in there.
I'm making my to-do list for when school starts. What's on yours?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment