Friday, August 12, 2011

my to-do list {& what not}

I'm taking a break from making friendship bracelets and blogging.  I do NOT remember friendship bracelets being so hard to make.

Of course, I didn't have 3 kids running around me back then either.

In the spirit of yesterday's post about decluttering what once was my stressful laundry room, I'm sharing my to-do list.

I don't normally make a lot of lists.  Just not really my personality.  I like them, but LIFE always seems to interrupt.  And then I get stressed.  And then I have to rip up the first list and make a secondary list.  Which usually has more on it.

Then that list gets ripped up....and I start a third list, usually with half the items.  While trying to accomplish the first thing on the third list for the fifth time someone usually vomits.  Or poops.  Or needs milk.  Or wants to swing.  Or needs some tender lovin' discipline.

Are you still with me?  So yeah.....these days I'm not much of a list-maker.  But here is my back-to-school list.  To *hopefully* be accomplished during the first few weeks of school.

*wink*wink*

1.  Finish laundry room.
2.  Finish walls in family room. {BIG project}
3.  Finish wall in living room.  {even BIGGER project}
4.  Paint stools for kitchen bar.
5.  Paint rocker for family room.
6.  Clean everything.  {Yes, I mean everything.}
7.  Finish painting canvas for kids' bathroom.
8.  Organize closet.
9.  Organize kids' hall closet.
10. Clean out Doh Doh's closet.
11. Pick bedding for Doh Doh's big girl bed. {*grin*}

Ok, so maybe I should say this is my list for the first SEMESTER of school.  Sheesh.  I'm just listing the first 11 things....but there's more.  Oh boy, is there more.

I have lots of projects going on.  Lots of things that need to be spray painted, wrapped in yarn, framed, painted, quilted {no, I don't quilt....}, and so on.... 

I've discovered that since having kids I'm not much of a planner.  Ok, so those who have known me a long time just let out a big fat GUFFAW.  I've never been a planner.  But I was way better than I am now.  When I plan nothing ever turns out like I plan.  For example....

Right now I have 2 outta 3 sick kids.  Yes, if you've read my blog for awhile then you know sickness has been an issue with us for the last year.  Bubba had strep when we went on vaca.  I started an antibiotic b/c I'm pretty sure it was coming for me as well.  Now Bubba and Doh Doh have viral infections.  Ugh.


So are you working on projects?  Cleaning?  Counting down the hours until school starts?

All pics were taken on my phone @ Scoops on vacation.  Cuteness, right?  Like the bloodshot eyes?  Hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment