Today is Sunday.
my family is at church
i'm home
in bed
Because of a very bizarre -- and painful -- accident in the shower this morning, I'm stuck in bed. And only able to hobble around.
This is what my foot is supposed to look like.
Yes, I have skinny feet. Very skinny feet. Very weird, very skinny, very paternally-inherited feet.
And this is what my other foot looks like.
See that big lump? A fogless shower mirror fell -- after being nudged by my clutzy elbow -- right on my foot. There was already a lump as soon as I looked down. Is that a bad sign?
I hollered for a bag of ice as I hobbled outta the shower. It's taken 2 1/2 hours, but I can just now put that bag of ice on it.
I'm not accident-prone. So really this is pretty funny. I have a high tolerance for pain, so I rarely take pain meds. But about 45 minutes ago....well....Tylenol, I love you.
I had planned on spending the afternoon running errands -- san les petite enfants -- and returning stuff to stores, etc. But most importantly, getting us cleaned up, organized and ready to start school on Wednesday.
However, I'll apparently be in bed today. Applying ice. And watching The Golden Girls. And staring into my dining room...
....dreaming of a farmhouse hutch, in white, or cream, or turquoise open on top to display stuff. Guess I'll continue my pursuit online.
Unless you have one you'd be willing to part with. Or know of someone. Or saw one in a store. Or know of a website. Or....well, you get the idea. Hook me up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment