I never blogged Bruiser's birthday!
Oh my! The last of our Birthday Palooza, the last hoorah. Is it wrong that I was excited this was our last birthday? Is it wrong that I felt a sense of relief wash over me as the last guest exited the house?
It is insane that our kids b-days are May, June & July. But a fun insane. And I love it.
We like family birthdays. No real party guests, just the fam. For Bubba's birthday we invited some friends. Things did not go well...as you might remember. So for Bruiser, we went back to what we do best....FAMILY. This may be the last year I get away with it......
Ahem. Moving on. By the way, here's my DISCLAIMER: I'm not a great photographer. I've yet to find that perfect setting on my camera that magically makes my photos look professional. So just so you know, the party was adorable! But I'm not sure it comes thru in my photos.
Bruiser's actual b-day was while we were gone to the beach. So we partied there as well. But before leaving we threw together a little somethin'-somethin' for my big 5 year old.
We did a red, white & blue party with a hot dog bar. Bruiser just recently discovered his LOVE for hot dogs.....I went with it.
I can't believe it, but I have ZERO pictures of the food. Wha?!?!?!?!! We grilled hot dogs, had adorable little hot dog paper trays (Hobby Lobby is so stinkin' awesome), tons of different toppings, lots of chips, fun sodas.....well, you get the idea. How I missed the pics......who knows.
I had recipe cards out....just in case folks needed help creating a yummy concoction.
We made Bruiser's #5 shirt. So fun. He wears it almost every day. Still.
We also made party hats.
Huge, huge hit....as you can imagine.
The gifts....well, they were the piece de resistance. Aren't they always? Imagine -- almost ALL Legos.
Here's the funny part......I meant to do an all Lego party. But I didn't. I meant to make a Lego cake at the beach. But I didn't. Oh well.....I'm ready for next year. Truly.
If you're still with me......we're just now getting to the REAL fun part.
PHoTo BooTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But you have to wait until tomorrow to get the goods. Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This post is long enough already. So here's just a little teaser.
Come back tomorrow for way more cuteness. Although that's pretty super cute, no?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment