Monday, August 8, 2011

vacation pahlooza {family pics}

Welcome to the final chapter of....

Vacation Pahlooza

{insert trumpet fanfare music here}

Yes, I'm serious!!!  Can you believe it??  This is post numero 4. 

Or if you count the Dad & Doh Doh post, then....this is #5.  But who's counting, right???

Today our final installment is all about.....

{family pics}


Insert oohing and aahing here.  ha.  ha.  I kid.  I totally kid.



Our last day there we attempted family shots.  But bad weather was rolling in and it was hazy, hot, humid, and with the sun peeking thru the clouds, almost impossible to take pictures.  We opted for sunglasses.  Not for looks....total necessity.



In all honesty, we should've done them the first day we were there.  Like I wanted.  But my man wouldn't take them without a tan.

Doh Doh was uncooperative.  The boys weren't much better.  You are getting cream of the crop here.  Sad, isn't it?  Hilarious actually.

I have no doubt everyone is noticing we aren't dressed in all white like all the other picture takers.  Sorry.  I'm a color girl.  Gotta, gotta, gotta have my color. I gave no instructions.  Just get dressed and come on.  Although I think I did have to veto a couple of Bubba's outfits.  That really goes without saying EVERY. DAY.



I didn't crop out the clouds in the pic above.  Storms were rolling in that day.  We left the next morning in rain....just like the day we arrived.  (Gorgeous weather the rest of the time tho!!!)  We drove home almost the entire way in rain.  Until we got about 2 hours from home.  Then nothin'.  *sigh*  weneedrain




Now let's compare, shall we? 

~2008~


*2011*

Ok, so that one above Bruiser doesn't even look like himself!!  He even said, "Who is that???"

Can't believe how much they've grown.  Seriously cute.

Disclaimer:  A lot of my pics turn out kinda fuzzy on my blog. Sorry. I don't edit BUT I do resize and copyright. Resizing makes it harder to copy but it sometimes also makes it kinda fuzzy and distorted. So sorry! It's not my camera. It's my paranoid man. I mean, my resizing. *wink*

Ok, so here was our parting shot.  (Like seriously, people...I swear we're almost finished.) 

On the balcony.  After loading up the car.  In some serious humidity.  They may all be smiling...but they were groaning before -- and after -- the camera flashed.


We.  Are.  Finished!!!  No more vaca pictures!!!!  Wooooot!  {insert stale audience clapping here}

Well, I did take almost 400 pictures.  So I'm sure I'll sprinkle a few more into future posts.  Especially the ones of Doh Doh eating Doritos.  On the beach.  Cuz they're just cute.

So that's it.  Did you enjoy your little mini-vaca to Orange Beach?  Glad to be home?

We weren't either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
By the way, after seeing all these pictures of a happy-smiling make you wanna vomit family, I feel the need to once again show REALITY.  Ya know, lest you all think my home life is perfect.

So the oldest just jumped on his brother's BACK and NECK.  HARD.  Momma is not happy.  I do not tolerate that.  At all.  So the oldest is now making his bed.  And his brother's bed.  And having some quality room time.  Alone.  And that's all I can will say about his punishment.  But there was more. 

The youngest has been put to bed for a much needed nap.  We all stayed up late until Daddy got home...even though his flight was delayed and he got in a couple hours later than expected.  He's been gone 4 days.  Not sure who was happier for him to be home.....Doh Doh....or me. 

And the middle kiddo is building blocks at my feet.  A super highway has been constructed for his Lego car.  But it was not constructed in silence.  I can assure you that.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the family pics. Your hair is getting so long--love! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete