But right now I've got one at school (sniff, sniff), one interested in Doritos and Spongebob (in that order), and one who is in the pokey just waiting to be sprung. Pretty sure she can hear the chomping of Doritos, the squeak of my antique chair at the kitchen table, and the voice of one 4-year old who hasn't quite learned how to speak softly. Ahem.
So blogging world, here I am. (All three of you just clapped. Or sighed. Or probably laughed.)
So a small recap....b/c you know my love of bullet points......especially asteriks.
* Christmas was divine. We had a wonderful time with family and friends. Santa came, the kids were in awe, and life was good.
* Doh Doh woke up in the night Christmas Eve. From her rocker she could see straight into the family room...a perfect view of the Christmas tree. Apparently Santa visited us too early. While rocking her eyes landed on the tree...and the massive amounts of gifts. She sat up in my lap and said, VERY SLOWLY, "Ohhhhhhh, wooooooooooooooow." Hilarious. I had to switch her to my shoulder so she was distracted. We would rock, she would give me sugars ON THE LIPS, we would rock some more, more sugars ON THE LIPS, more rocking, more sugars, rocking, sugars, rocking.... It's my favorite Christmas memory.
* I am currently uploading 292 pictures from my camera to the computer. Yikes.
* All 3 kids got bean bags for Christmas for the family room. (I've had to remind my sweet man that bean bags do NOT equal furniture.) The bags were an enormous hit. (Thanks, Uncle Marc!!!) I've wanted to get them since we moved in, but refrained. It is hilarious to watch Doh Doh run and dive into her bean bag, put her fingers straight in her mouth, and watch her shows. Huge entertainment for the rest of us.
* My man celebrated the big 39th birthday after Christmas. Happy Birthday to him. We love you, Daddy!! And no, you certainly don't look 39. I love you. Errrrrrrr.
* I worked on DD's room. I worked on the play room. I finished the boys' room. I finished the laundry room. Pictures of all to come.
* Goals for 2011 have been made. More on that later.
* School started again. And we were all sad. Sorry. But two weeks of winter vacation was NOT enough for us.
* And because I enjoy posts with pictures, here's a little of what we did over the break.
Red plastic cups turned into Santa's belly. :)
Bubba is a crafter, like his Momma. So he -- and he alone -- enjoyed crafting with me. He loses interest after awhile, but I enjoy the time he's enthralled.
While we crafted, this was Bruiser..........
For quite awhile, this was our only Christmas card. Thanks, L!!! I had my hall tree in my kitchen all ready with a twine line to hang all the cards on. The Hs card was a little lonely....so Bubba took it upon himself to give some friends for the card to hang with. (pun intended...please laugh)
Besides crafting, we played restaurant. This is a favorite game of Bubba's. The rest of us....
DD wanted crackers and water. Or wodr. Seriously, I'm gonna hate it when my kids can speak and write correctly.
This one is my favorite. Please tell me you enjoy it. For Amy (that would be me, ahem....) I was having cheese enchiladas. How's that for spelling phonetically??? And read the last part. Does he know his Momma or does he know his Momma???? A light ice Coke!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, I'm almost wetting myself now it's so stinkin' funny.
We didn't just play restaurant....we did a lot of this as well.
Please tell me you notice the Easter bunny cookie cutter. Not sure what basketballs, basketball players, Easter bunnies, and footballs have to do with Christmas, but it sure was fun. (And tasty.)
My favorite cooking memory this year? The angel cookie cutter Bruiser kept calling the baby Jesus. ;)
Now that's funny, y'all.
Happy New Year!!!! Check back soon. Pictures to come of what we've done so far in the house!







No comments:
Post a Comment