Sunday, December 26, 2010

crazy, crazy {blogging} world

I like to think that I know all of my readers. I can probably call each of you by name. Perhaps there are a few stragglers who've wandered in and possibly hung around. Perhaps you've stumbled in today and this is your first post to read. Or perhaps you found me long ago. You might even feel like you know me. Like you know Bubba, Bruiser and Doh Doh.

That's this crazy mixed up blogging world.

I love reading blogs. And some I've read WAY longer than I've had my own blog. Some bloggers feel like friends. They've let me into their world. Introduced their kids. Their spouses. Their homes. Their crafts.

In reality most are merely virtual friends.

And what's even weirder is that I NEVER post on these blogs I read. Never have.

That means they feel like my friend, my kindred spirit. In reality, they have no idea who I am.

That's Edie.

Her blog was one of the first blogs I began reading habitually.

What's sad is that even my man knows about her.

We've never met. * I've never posted on her blog. * I've never passed her at the grocery store. * Never met her at a church function. * Never had any contact outside the virtual world.

And yet right now my heart aches with her.

My mind is rarely far from thoughts of her.

My prayers are for her.

I checked her blog today. I thought it odd she hadn't posted since Monday. But it is the holiday season. Every one is busy. But I almost didn't want to check her blog. I was a little afraid.

And with due cause.

Last week Edie's house burned to the ground. By the grace of God she, her husband, and their children made it out. Nothing else survived.

No pictures.

No scrapbooks.

No antiques.

No love letters.

No quilts passed down for several generations.

No baby blankets. (Truth be told THAT is the one that gets me.)

Her faith is strong. Her God even stronger.

Only earthly possessions were lost. And that's not where our hearts dwell. They will rebuild. They will fight the fight.

But they'll never forget.

Join me in praying for this Tennessee family. Join me in praying for comfort, for strength, for healing.

No, I on't really know this woman. But I know this woman.

And that's just this crazy, crazy blogging world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment