Wednesday, December 1, 2010

1, 2, 3, 4 Weeks Done!

My little Bruiser broke his arm.



Did you know that?

We won't be going into the details of the how or why on this blog.  Some stories are better told in person.

And to good friends, not possible strangers.

Most people never even knew he had a bright orange cast.  Or maybe they're just getting used to our family with broken bones.  (At 18 months old Bruiser had a broken leg.  Five months later I had a broken ankle...and 2 months after I got the boot off, DD was conceived.  But that's a different story for a different time. :)

Our ortho -- and his assistant -- knew us when we walked in the door.  That's never a good sign.

But, after VERY minimal complaining, 4 weeks passed by.

Since I'm rarely with the ultimate Momma's boy Bruiser alone, we did a few things before the appointment...just the two of us. 


Here we are at the koi pond in the meditation area at the hospital.  Fortunately no one was there meditating.

Please tell me you notice the unbuttoned pants.  Cuz that's just how my boy rolls.


Hard to tell which arm has the cast on it, isn't it?  Gotta love the silly band craze.



Uncomfortable situation?  Hmm, let me find my finger to chew on...



...and take a glance at Momma.

Yep, she's still there.  Like always.


The cast is off.  I'm getting lots of attention.  Let's stick that finger further down my throat.

Poor Bruiser.  His arm really did hurt once the cast came off.  The air hitting skin for the first time in 4 weeks was evidently some of the pain.  He was very cautious with it that night.

But no worries.  He soon got over it.  I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment