Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's Beginning....

...to look a lot like

ChrIstMas



I've always done lights around my door at Christmas.  Actually, a lit garland with bits of berries and other stuff mixed in.
But this year I just can't bring myself to ruin my pretty
new door frame with staple marks.  I'm still debating tho.
The front porch feels absolutely naked without them. :o)

Now, don't make fun of our tree.  It is currently the only thing in our family room.  Well, besides boxes.


Notice all the low-hanging ornaments? 
That's 'cuz short little 6 & 4 year old legs can't quite reach way up high where Momma wants the ornaments actually hung. 

It also means those low-hanging, very breakable
and expensive, GLASS ornaments are even more accessible
to short little 18-month olds.

Tree's been up 48 hours.  Only 1 ornament has been broken.  That's a record.  Notice the tree's a little bare?
The boys broke numerous last year.  Sigh.
But their help - and our memories - are priceless.




Every year I want adorable stockings for the fam.
However, I've wanted to wait until our family is complete.
Unless the Lord has other plans, we think our family is
perfect.  So you'd think this year I'd have those
adorable stockings.  Right?  Those who know me well answered WRONG! 
Well, I do plan on coming up with something this year. 
I'm probably going to make us all some.
But we'll see.

Bubba is slightly attached to his cowboy boot stocking.
Last year I was not allowed to "update" our stockings to a more festive -- or fashionable -- look.

Maybe this year......

By the way, have you tried the mint M&Ms?
I'm not a sweet eater.  So believe me when I say
THEY ROCK.

No comments:

Post a Comment