Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hello There, Pilgrim....

That title, by the way, should be read in your best John Wayne voice.

Today was the Thanksgiving Feast at Bruiser's preschool.  Bruiser, of course, opted out of the delicious "traditional" Thanksgiving meal of Chick-fil-a and had his sucker of a  mother bring him Geno's pizza.  And because she can't say no to that dimple in one cheek, cleft in his chin, and adorable blue eyes he got his own 7" personal size CHEESE pizza.

{Does it amaze anyone else that children raised in the same household, eating the same foods day in and day out, can grow into complete opposites in dietary desires?  Bubba eats like I do -- almost an entire raw diet.  I worry that most days he doesn't get enough protein...an area I struggle with.  Bruiser, on the other hand, is given healthy foods every day.  Y'all know me...I'm a stickler with my kids' diets.  And yet every morning, noon, and night Bruiser tells me, "I'm not gonna eat any yucky stuff."  And by yucky he means anything HEALTHY.  The kid lives on peanut butter (all-nautral, just peanuts & salt, the kind you stir up), macaroni & cheese (Stoufer's frozen...not even Mom's homemade with 3 cheeses), strawberries, bananas, waffles, cinnamon toast, oranges -- but only a particular kind -- and Doritos.  I have yet to find a vegetable the kid likes.  Sigh.  I know, I know...he's most kids.  But to not like kiwi?  TOMATOES?  Who does this kid belong to??}

So here's my little picky eater  pilgrim.


The entire get-up came off about 2.4 seconds after this picture was taken. 

But seriously, how sweet is that face?

If he wasn't too busy eating M&Ms I'm sure Bruiser would say HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment