Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pray Without Ceasing

Today I'm asking for prayer. 
My sweet friend KK's baby Glory is having surgery at this very moment.  To complete the surgery this precious baby - chubby like my Doh Doh, sparkley eyed like my Doh Doh, oh-so deliciously kissable like my Doh Doh - is on the bypass machine.

I don't have to tell you this is a risky surgery.  KK's emails are so moving.  I weep when I read them.  Last night as I prayed, this morning as I have prayed, my heart just aches.

Do you know that feeling?  Has your heart ACHED in intercession for a friend?  In pain for a friend?  In worry?

I am praising the Lord today for Glory.  I am praising the Lord today for Glory's parents who LOVE their Savior.  I am praising the Lord today for her parents who named her Glory so that she would do JUST THAT...bring Glory to her Creator.  Glory to our God.  So that her story would bring Him -- and Him alone -- GLORY.

About a month ago I visited sweet KK, her mom, and precious baby Glory at Children's.  I cannot even describe how I felt walking into the CICU.  To have all the nurses and staff usher me to the sink to wash before even entering the area.  Or the look on KK's mom's face as she saw me...and when she told me KK was excited and anticipating my visit.  And when I saw this gorgeous Glory I had to fight hard to keep my tears away.  She looked so like my Doh Doh.  And very well could've been.  Or even could be.

We know not what the future holds.  But we know Who holds it.

I hope I'll never forget that day.  Hanging with KK and giggling in the waiting room.  Telling stories in hushed voices b/c we would be mortified if anyone else knew of them...but feeling security in each other.  We discussed how the Lord has worked in our lives recently...bringing us on such a similar path.

And telling each other probably a dozen times that we loved each other. 

And I'm asking you my precious friends to pray for baby Glory today.  Of course we ask for healing for a child who doesn't know what's going on in her body...she just wants to be held and free of tubes.  I have prayed for the Lord's will...because in all things we want Him glorified.

I am praying without ceasing today. 

As I built a Lego house this morning with my boy.  As I hold a crabby girl, crying for not getting her way.  As I made all the beds this morning. 

My tears come at odd moments.  My heart can only hurt and long for simpler times. 

And I pray.  For His glory.  For His Glory.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Amy, I've had a similar week with some of my Awana kids being put in a shelter. I never imagined I could love someone else's kids so much. My broken heart just ached for them..and still does for them to get to go home.

    I will pray for Glory.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete