Upon that realization I also discovered that there were no pictures in that post.
Now, y'all know I enjoy nothing more in this amazing blogosphere than a good post full of witty randomness AND PICTURES. And alas, my Welcome Back post was nothing but random verbalities....accompanied by NADA.
So therefore THIS post has the reveal that
Ahem.
A little bit of lately, as told by pictures.
We've felt at home here from the beginning. It's a great feeling!
To start with, just a simple picture of sheer cuteness. Oh, Doh Doh. How we love you. Especially with that motorcycle propped up on your shoulder.
What is more fun than one enormous box full of styrofoam pieces?
Why, an enormous box full of styrofoam pieces to SHARE WITH YOUR BROTHERS of course!
The contents of that big box, put together by one hunky Daddy. Errrrrrr.
This is the beverage/coffee center. Doesn't look very beveragey, does it? I just recently cleaned this off. Which lasted all of about 3 days. It's cluttered again. (See that yellow hat? Worn by moi at my one and only pageant, age 5. How it made it into the kitchen during the move I'll never know. Or the reason why I even have it to begin with.....)
This was the family room. I'm happy to report the lamps have been moved. And not so happy to report that more stuff has been added. Now it looks like this.
Please notice Doh Doh's jail. And notice the TV. Thanks to my sweet, sweet man for that. Even though there is NO furniture in the family room it is our favorite space. And amazingly enough my living room is staying clean. CLEAN, I tell you!
This was one of our first nights in the new house. (I have pictures of ALL of my kids eating cucumbers like this. We're freaks, I know.)
From my garden. MY garden!
Not really a picture of the house (although this is the back deck) BUT you should hear my boy read! Y'all know I'm a big reader, but my boys haven't been that interested. Something has clicked with Bubba this year and now he LOVES to read. And I am one thrilled Momma.
And this is our bedroom. Notice the boxes. I had this great idea that I would entertain them with a movie (really Doh Doh who had strep at the time...notice that it's Beauty & the Beast). She lasted all of about 2.2 minutes. Bruiser lasted about 1.2 minutes. Bubba watched the entire thing, with Bruiser running in just to see the Beast. My hope was to unpack those boxes while they watched. Yeah, that didn't happen. (Bubba commented it would've been a better movie if the Beast had been in it more. HA!)
This was originally the play room. However, after much work and deliberation I just couldn't get this room to look the way I wanted it to. Plus it's at the front of the house, the first room off the entryway.
So we decided to make this the boys' room. I'm having trouble piecing all their bedding together. So right now they just have their patriotic quilts. Cute, huh? This room, I think, may be my favorite....once I get their pictures on the walls, etc.
Although if Doh Doh's room can evolve into what's in my head.....it might be my fave. Right now it desperately needs attention. I had grandiose plans for this room, but life has taken the front seat. HA! (Notice she's just in her diaper...that's just how we roll around here, folks.) Thanks to my MIL for "loaning" us a chest of drawers
This is now the play room. I think it needs a little work. What do you think? I'm going to put a desk in here for me....and hopefully my treadmill. After that, I really don't know. I hate to spend a lot of money on furniture for this room when we might not use it for a long time.
Perhaps you were bored with this post. Sorry. But so many of you have asked. I would post pictures of the exterior, BUT it still needs a lot of work. The house is fine, but the landscaping...oh, the landscaping. Le sigh. Lots of work.
So here's to my re-entering of the blogging world. And here's to moving on and moving in.
(Maybe by Thanksgiving I'll have some AFTER photos for you. But I ain't promisin'.)






No comments:
Post a Comment