So basically this is a post for my MIL and my man. THEY can NEVER see too many Doh Doh pictures.
(I told you I have a great man, right?)
Our beautiful Doh Doh turned 18 months on Monday. Quite honestly,
And so here is my post for Doh Doh, only 4 days late.
I made my little twirly girl a tutu. Yes, ME....the boy mom, the not-so-very-girly-herself-who-has-friends-reading-this-blog-who-can-attest-to-that-mom, gave her daughter a tutu. That's Tu. Tu.
Once I put it on her, she posed. Yes, posed. For the first time EVER she POSED. (Oh boy. We're in trouble.) I don't have the ribbons on yet, but it's gonna look oh-so-even-cuter when I do. Apparently she liked having her picture taken. The smile took over her face after that first shot.
I think we have a girly girl here who can still hold her on with the fellas. So in other words, I think she's like her Momma.
Start praying now, people.
Not to be out done in her tutu......
Bruiser had to get in on a little of the action. Of course, the above picture is almost like EVERY picture I get of him. The child can NOT be still.
Finally I caught him still enough to snag a picture. At least he wasn't making a goofy face or anything. Ahem.
Moving on to another day in the M household........
Now, this is just hilarious to me. This is Doh Doh with her post-nap hairdo.
Her Daddy's not gonna be happy that I'm showing what we call the Flopsy-Mopsy hairstyle. But this is just HER.
She gets mad if I spend too much time getting it out of her eyes. But during nap she often pulls out whatever type of hair apparatus I'm using that particular day. And so often we're just in a hurry to get outside after napping. Hair Schmair.
What's hilarious about these pictures to me is that she's actually playing with rose petals. Yes, petals. She pulled them off one pinky-red rose and one yellow. (The boys, of course, tattled.) She sat there for awhile and played. Then she carried them to a little sanctuary, of sorts.
And when I looked over and saw THIS, I grabbed my camera again and tried not to disrupt her imagination with my laughter. She's flying the rose petals thru the air. Perhaps they were F-16s practicing touch & goes. Perhaps they were fairies sprinkling everything with pixie dust to make them fly as well. Perhaps it was her Wonder Woman invisible jet and she's just trying to escape her brothers.
Who knows.....but it absolutely tickles me. I think this child is going to have some imagination......
I threw this pic in just to truly show off that Flopsy Mopsy 'do. Perhaps she doesn't have as much curl as her Momma. I look more like this when I wake up.
Doh Doh, at 18 months you:
* Love to dance, and do it every time you hear music no matter where you are
* Constantly thank us -- and everyone -- for everything
* Have mastered saying "bye" and tell everyone in drive-thrus, school drop off and pick up lines, restaurants, stores.....
* Will EAT almost anything, but your favorites are strawberries, Greek yogurt, cheese, kiwi, oranges, cheese enchiladas, and turkey
* Love, love, LOVE your brothers
* Have discovered TV and are now addicted to Nick Jr., particularly The Backyardigans, Dora, Max & Ruby, but especially Moose A. Moose from the "in between" shorts on Nick Jr.
* Are a Daddy's girl
* But still love your Momma
* Are an awesome snuggler....and my favorite is when you rest your head on my shoulder and snuggle in
* Tasted the sweet nectar of M&Ms for the first time and now, I fear, are hooked for life
* Are GORGEOUS
* And an absolute JOY to your family!!!!
We love you, Doh Doh. Especially this little guy right here......
....he's probably also the reason you'll never be able to get married. Oh, and he'll probably be your prom date as well.














No comments:
Post a Comment