Whenever anyone asks me about life, our new house, my blog or really anything else all I can think of is that I've been.........
Into the Woods
We've had back to back sicknesses (poor Doh Doh), a broken arm (Bruiser's), countless sleepless nights for Momma, and MAJOR sleeping in every morning (especially by Bubba). We've straightened the house only to bring more stuff from the old house. We've had electrical issues, central vac issues, hot water tank issues, and plentiful sunshine that CALLS MY NAME.
But hopefully that disconnected feeling is ending. Thursday I forced myself to go to church to our FYI group, which meets monthly but I've missed the last few months. I had a blast, but before I went I thought of all the 9 million OTHER things I needed to do. But I shucked all those thoughts and headed to church.
It's amazing how things consume us. This morning as I was praying I told the Lord how disconnected I felt from everything, everyone, but most of all Him. And I was embarassed. Embarassed that life had taken His place. Embarassed that my disconnected feeling was because I need to TRULY disconnect and just connect with Him.
And once again I'm amazed at His mercy. Amazed at His love. And amazed at what an amazing Savior I serve.
Do you feel disconnected? Do you feel as if you're walking -- or running -- in all different directions? Do you feel like you need a direction? A path? He is the way. He is the truth. He is the light. He is our compass.
Being in this new house has been somewhat bittersweet. I've never wanted to consume myself with a life all about ME. I'm not here to serve ME. I'm here to serve HIM. Moving here was truly a bit of a struggle for me. I never want to make decisions where HE is not the center. We want the Lord to be the true center, our true purpose, our compass. But since the move I've been consumed, and not by Him.
I started this blog to share the funny things that happen in life. To share with family and friends the adorable blessings I've been given. To share my love of writing -- and quite possibly to convert someone out there to the amazing world of musical theatre. (Grin, grin.) I also began blogging to share my faith. I serve a risen Savior who sees the true self-centered mess that I am and says, "I can use you."
And slowly I feel as if I'm coming OUT of the woods.......




No comments:
Post a Comment