Bruiser spent the day in NWA w/ my in-laws. Naturally, being the second born means he's been jilted in the quality alone time. (I'm the youngest in my family. Can you tell?) He did not know he was getting this special treat today until his daddy and big brother were backing out of the driveway, school bound.
"Bruiser," I said. "I have a surprise for you."
He turned to me, his little blue eyes sparkling. Oh, how I love that twinkle. It is amazing to me how some people have that ability to almost twirl their eyes. (That reminds me of a Golden Girls episode, but I'll spare you the quote. If you're a true fan you know it anyway.)
"Where is it?" he asked, beginning to look around the kitchen for his 'surprise.'
"Nona & Chuck are taking you to Fayetteville today," I told him. The eyes sparkled even more. He grinned the grin only a Bruiser can grin.
We made a mad dash to get clothes on, brush teeth, and try to slick back the bed head. As I'm searching for matching socks, I hear that beautiful little raspy voice ask me,
"How long does it take to get to NFL?"
I almost wet myself as I texted that conversation to his Daddy.
Man oh man, I love that boy. Thank you, Lord.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment