Ok, so most days aren't like this anymore. Sniff, sniff. We used to have almost all days at home, only going out for the weekly grocery store trip, Bible study, meeting friends for lunch, or what-have-you.
But then Bubba started school. Even bigger SNIFFS.
Last year it was just half-day kindergarten. This year BOTH my precious boys were bumped up in the scheduling department. Bubba now attends all day for 1st grade and
I'm not going to lie. I hate it.
HATE. IT.
I'm a homebody. Always have been, probably always will be.
I love home time. I love having my babies home with me. I love kissing morning cheeks after they've been snuggled underneath covers. I love staying in jammies while we lounge around and decide what to eat for breakfast. We don't sleep in. We just enjoy our mornings at home.
And then school started. And honestly, one of my main reasons for contemplating homeschooling was simply b/c I don't like being in the car. I don't like time crunches. I don't like dropping off one, waiting an hour, dropping off the other; trying to run errands and cramming naptimes into time constraints; picking up one, waiting an hour and picking up the other.
I'm weird like that, I guess.
But after praying we felt like we made the right choice in our schooling decisions. (Off topic, but can you tell I'm beginning to wonder.......)
So, trying to get my mess of a brain back on topic......
THIS is what the youngest two and I did today.
I didn't get out of my jammies until 1:30. That's PM.
I didn't unpack one box this morning. Didn't fold any laundry.
Didn't do one household chore...other than putting breakfast dishes in the dishwasher. A girl has to draw the line somewhere. Non?
I just played. And enjoyed the kiddos. We built Lego masterpieces, block masterpieces, tried to keep King Kong (aka Doh Doh) from destroying Tokyo.
Side story: DD's first destruction of Bruiser's masterpiece he turned and smiled at me, as if to say "how cute." By the fourth destruction he asked me if we could put her back in my tummy. Just while we built Legos and blocks. Then she could come back out. How obliging of him.
I made a colorful (of course) house, complete with Lego flowers, a block roadway, Diego's Lego tree house, and more.
And loved every minute of it.
I eventually got on clothes, put up more Christmas decorations, played more hide-and-seek, moved more boxes out of the family room, and picked up Bubba from school.
But the morning was priceless. Just like it used to be. And honestly, I wish every day was like that. But perhaps this is what makes them that much more special.
And now I'm ready for Friday. Another non-Bruiser-school-day. And I'll pray for snow and ice Thursday night. Maybe I'll get both home that day. (And then I'll blog about their incessant fighting.)
Tomorrow is errand day. Remind me to buy a lock for the pantry.
And to stop buying Nilla wafers.






No comments:
Post a Comment