Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Little Bits of Lately.....

First of all, as I type this one child is away, 1 child is still awake in her crib & weeks away from tubes, and 1 child is bawling b/c the 15 minutes I laid down w/ him was simply not enough Momma time.

So a little bit of lately, presented in bullet form. That's just how my brain works. And I think asterisks are super cute.

* After writing the first paragraph above I had to give in (the sobs got to my tender Momma's heart) and I went and snuggled with my Momma's boy until his precious snoring began.

* During Round 1 of my Snuggle Fest w/ Bruiser he wrapped his scrawny arms around me & said, "Good night, buddy." Yes, my heart melted. Yes, I teared up. Later I asked him if we were buddies. He said, "But you're a lady!" So much for my melted heart.

* The other night he said, "Good night, young lady." I almost wet myself I laughed so hard.

* Bubba has started going to AWANAs with his buddy (also our neighbor...our church does not have AWANAs). He. LOVES. It. He just now got home & is officially ready for his vest (& badges of course). If you know my little odd duckling at all you'll know he's super fired up about this.

* We had a fabulous Thanksgiving w/ our families. Bubba ate all the traditional foods - so excited about the turkey that he was actually counting down the days. Doh Doh ate before we ever left our house for my parents'. Then she sampled all the traditionals off the plates of almost all attendees. Bruiser, b/c apparently his Momma is an enabler on holidays, had 'peanut crackers' and chips & salsa. Now if that doesn't scream Pilgrims & Indians to you nothing will.

* Bruiser is most thankful for his Momma. Oh, and his Doh Doh.

* Because i have an amazing husband who has the amazing inability to keep secrets, I am typing this blog post from my new iPad. My wonderful house-closing/Christmas present. Have I mentioned lately how much I love my man?

* Speaking of AWANAs reminds me of a sweet friend who teaches an AWANA group in a different church. Several of her kids in that group have attached themselves to her beautiful heart. Recently a couple of those precious ones have been removed from their homes & placed in foster care. They need our prayers. Please join w/ me in prayer for these kiddos who need the love only a Savior can give.

* And speaking of prayer, I was hoping to give you a good update on baby Glory. But, although she's had several really good days allowing her family to actually hold her & love on her, last night she had a rough night. Her momma's exact words were that she was 'heartbroken' over this. Many of you have been faithful to pray for my sweet friend, her family, and gorgeous baby Glory. Please keep it up.

* Over the holiday weekend Bubba & Doh Doh were playing in her room. All was going well. I made frequent appearances - mainly just to check the cuteness level. And it was sheer cuteness in there. And then...I heard Doh Doh crying. And it was her MAD cry. I went in & there sat Bubba with these wide, chocolate eyes looking up at me. Precious Doh Doh came running to Momma & found refuge in my arms. "Mom," Bubba began to explain, "I had to spank her." I was dumbfounded...but not silently dumbfounded. "You spanked her?!?!" "Mom, I had to! She was throwing toys at the furniture! The NEW furniture we just got from Uncle Marc's storage!" Yes, my 6-going-on-60 year old took it upon HIMSELF to spank his sister. I hope you enjoy that story b/c it has certainly entertained our family. Although I failed to see the entertainment aspect at the time......

* I decorated my kitchen over the holiday. Will probably show some pics soon. I am currently working on Doh Doh's wall-o-many-things in her room. Hopefully I'll soon have pics of that as well.

* It's hard to decorate a house AND decorate for Christmas at the same time!!!

* Doh Doh has yet another ear infection. I got about 2 hours of sleep last night b/c of it. Therefore, another child will probably soon have tubes.

* Last night I made one of my man's & Bubba's favorite meals - Cowboy Spaghetti. While making it Bubba said, "Mom, I'm starving! When is the Cowboy Guspetti going to be ready?" We're still giggling over that one.

* Doh Doh currently loves to tell everyone to be quiet. She puts her chubby little finger to her mouth & then blows. Instead of the shhh sound she just blows. It's priceless. It's adorable. And it makes me forget that I've only had 2 hours of sleep when she does it.

Thank you, and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment