I am the WORST at making a Christmas list. Well, a list for MYSELF, that is.
I'm not really sure why. I can usually think at any given moment of any given day of things I WANT. But sit me down & ask me to make a list??? Pshaw! C'est impossible!
I know it's very cliche of me, but any time I think of listing things I WANT, the rebel in me rears its ugly head...and wants to make a non-materialistic list of the things I truly WANT.
I want......
* my boys to stop fighting (I'm sure I'd miss it though)
* my children to not just know their Lord & Savior, but crave Him & have a burning desire for His Will & His Word
* people to wake up & realize their purpose on earth is NOTHING about SELF...it's ALL ABOUT HIM!
* to share the Gospel
* to spread Joy where there is no hope
* to see my children deny a selfish desire & GIVE to those in need
* to grow old w/ my husband
* to be a better Momma
* to inhale - & never forget - the post-nap smells, the post-bath smells, the scent of the outdoors on chubby cheeks....
* to deny self
* my children to have a passion for missions
* to remember the tender chubbiness of precious little piggies
* to love as Christ loves
We've had a long day of selfishness in this house. Brothers not willing to share, hearts not willing to give (except to themselves), time being wasted in frivolity, lessons going unlearned, the birth of a Savior going unrecognized..... It's hard for this Momma. I don't look at the faults of my children. I look at me. Where am I going wrong? What can I do differently?
Every mother asks it. Every parent struggles with it. But tonight I'm tired. I'm frustrated. And I look at a world that desperately needs saving. I see people who need our Lord, but crave idleness, worldliness, MATERIALISM. And it's all around.
But my prayer for my children is for more. Not more stuff. More Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




LOVE this post. So true. The materialism...as of late is disgusting.
ReplyDelete