Most of you remember my sweet KK and her baby Glory. I'm once again asking for prayer for them. Glory has not been doing well the last couple of weeks. (KK's husband has also had to have surgery for kidney stones during this time.)
This morning they took Glory off the ventilator. It was doing nothing for her collapsed lung. I meant to post this last night, but didn't. I have no word on how she's doing thus far. But please pray.
They've had a rough year. I know you don't know her. But please pray. Oh, how my heart aches for them. But we know the true Healer. We know the Great Comfort.
In KK's own words: "I would never trade this new-found freedom in Christ for anything, but He never promised this world would be without sadness. He did promise to always be with me, and tonight I pray that he be close. I have been closer to death in the past year than I ever would have chosen, but I am beginning to see what Christ meant when He taught on how we should never value our lives."
She also went on to tell how her brother once told their grandmother (sweet Sue-Sue who passed away not long ago) that he knew he was going to waste his life on something so he wanted to waste it on Christ. I find that humbling. Amazing. He's a missionary now, by the way. After telling that story, KK said, ""I hope I get to waste 2011 being Glory Girl's voice of thanksgiving...."
Please pray for KK, her husband, their daughter, KK's mom (who is living with them and helping), and for Glory. Thank you, sweet friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment