Thursday, January 13, 2011

an {all} boy room

Another house post.  Yes.  Sorry.

The boys room.

When we first bought the house we had planned to use the study as the play/craft room.  Eventually we thought it would make a cute room for Doh Doh.  The homeowners before us used it as a play room.  An AMAZING play room.  With more toys than 2 children needed.  It was unbelievable.  Literally UNBELIEVABLE.  I have pictures on my phone.  Wondering how to upload those....  Hmm.......

Side note:  Since this is the same neighborhood we lived in for over 11 years, the Mister and I used to walk down this street long ago.  This house always appealed to us.  We used to walk by and wonder exactly what they used this room for.  The homeowners at that time used it as a study.  But isn't that funny?  This was our favorite house on the street.  And now it's ours.......  {long dramatic cheesy sigh}

Ok, so when we moved in we put the boys in what is now the play/craft room.  But it just wasn't working for us.  We couldn't get it to come together.  Weird window placement, etc.  So we moved them.  And it has been awesome!!

It took forever -- and way more $$$ than I wanted to spend -- to get all the bedding to come together. 

But I love this room.  Love.  It.  I always wanted twin beds for a boys' room.  Everyone said do bunk beds...but I held out.  What do you think?




This was their armoire from the old house.  The brightly colored metal car is from Senegal in West Africa.  That's where my parents spend a lot of time (missionaries) and we have a lot of little trinkets from there.  I plan on using the cars like that in our play room b/c they're just too stinkin' cute.


The train table is being used these days as a Lincoln Log table.  Awesome.


Ok, see the star above?  I made it from a foldable antique measuring stick.  I had planned on making several and hanging them around the picture below.  But when I tried it it just didn't really work.  So now I'm trying to figure out what to do around this picture.  It's a big wall.  Would really like something.....  I love, love, LOVE the star out of the measuring stick.  Might use those on the wall next to Bubba's bed....but we'll see.


The chair above is an old school chair.  I've been looking for one of these for awhile now.  Found it the other day for $8.  Yep.  Cha-ching.  Bubba....as you can imagine for those who truly know him...absolutely loves it.  It really goes in the play room for our reading corner, but for now it's in here.  Above it is an airplane mobile.  (Is that how you spell it??  You know, one of those hangy-downy-thingies.)  Had it at the old house as well.

The boy nursery was airplane themed so all of the artwork and planes came from the old house.  I still have a lot of artwork not being used, but I really wanted to use as much of their stuff as I could.

So, cute....huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment