The one good thing for you, my faithful reader(s), is that without a full keyboard I'm less liable to wax poetically. This post is a win-win for you. *giggle*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, so today I almost de-friended a friend on Facebook.
(Insert shock and awe)
I've never done that before. Not even sure how to go about doing anything like that. But I was ticked by something she posted. And honestly, I was offended.
In case you didn't know, it takes quite a bit to offend me. While being quite a conservative I still have a very open mind. Many think those things don't go together. So many preach tolerance....I LOATHE that word....but I'm not that trendy. I prefer to say open minded.
Anyway, the FB post was referencing my Savior Jesus & our current president. (If anyone can show me where in the Bible it opposes war, let me know. You should probably reread or even read the Old Testament. But I'm seriously digressing.....)
After thinking on it, I decided not to de-friend this FB 'friend.' She and I are quite polar opposites. Perhaps she - and the countless others who posted the same thing - will see the Light. Maybe they'll even see it on Facebook.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, moving on to topic #2. My friend posted this today. I'm reposting. (Thanks, Les!!!!)
In Radical, David Platt mentions Operation World. Please check it out. This is an AMAZING website.
Wait, that wasn't enough build up. Ok, cue trumpet fanfare. Cue stage spotlights. Cue me as the opera singer belting out glass shattering notes. Cue the audience jumping to their feet and applauding.
Are you with me now?
Operation World is an amazing website, née resource. Check it out. Especially this page, which tells you what region of the world to pray for specifically that day. Today I'm praying for Asia.
Did you know that many people, actual friends of ours, do not realize that in this very day and age people are losing their lives for sharing about Jesus? People are kicked out of countries for starting secret churches! People are meeting underground to share the Good News. Kinda makes reading your Bible while sipping a steaming up of joe in your warm jammies seem too comfy, doesn't it? But that's what I did this morning...... (Don't get me wrong on that point, by the way.)
Check out Operation World. And read, or reread (as I plan to do in 2011), Radical. It will change your life. And it's a great church history lesson as well.
So today I'm praying for Asia. What are you praying for?




No comments:
Post a Comment