Here in the South life shuts down when the first flurry falls from the sky. The canned food aisles at all grocery stores -- and gas stations -- are depleted. News stations interrupt all televised programming with live on the scene reports. Neighborhood trees are cut for firewood. Garbage can lids are cleaned up for sledding. Parents begin calling the school wondering what time is early dismissal. All within the first flake falling from the sky.
A lifelong Southerner, this still cracks me up. Also amusing was a woman I overheard the other day say she'd been in a car wreck b/c of ice. "I don't know what happened. I saw the ice, slammed on my breaks, but I still hit the car in front of me." Seriously???? Ahh, I love the South.
But we did get a great snow day out of it last week. Cookies were baked. Chili was made. And craft projects were in abundance. I absolutely love days like this.
And we enjoyed it to the fullest.
The fellas played in the snow. (Is it just me or does Bubba look like Elvis? Thank ya, thank ya very much.)
Little Miss watched from inside.
They desperately tried to make a snowman. So stinkin' cute.
Doh Doh and I watched closely.
They made sure to entertain.
It's hard to watch from afar.
Even harder when you smash your face against the glass.
Ok, no idea what they're staring at. They were just desperate to build Frosty.
Now, you didn't think I was going to make her stay inside did you?
How cute is she all bundled up? Yes, I wish I was one of those mothers who had all super cute matching winter items. The kind of mother whose child looks like she just walked out of a Gap Kids poster ad just to go play in the snow. (Have I ever mentioned I used to work at Gap Kids???)
I am not one of those mothers. We throw on anything warm. And bundle up.
You will not be seeing pictures of me this post. 'Cuz when I say we throw on anything, I truly mean anything. Picture overalls two sizes too big, a striped sweater with more colors than Joseph had ever even seen, an old fleece ski hat including chin strap....well, you get the point. I won't give anymore details. You wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. It'd be burned into your eyelids.
This little punkin just kept eating the snow. And eating, and eating........ I took pictures of all of her eating, BUT I'm already over my picture limit this post.
She didn't last long. After consuming almost all the snow on our deck, she started for the backyard, tripped, got covered in snow, and bawled her eyes out. Her fingers were red. And frozen. And The Bird was NOT happy.
After seeing their sister shuck her layers and move in to the warm and cozy family room, the boys decided to give up their Frosty ambitions. And join us for hot chocolate.
Bruiser was so cute in his sweater I begged him -- literally BEGGED him -- for pictures.
And for once he acquiesced.
And they're beauties, are they not?
Oh have mercy. I love boys.
After a hard ten minutes playing in the snow a girl's gotta take a break....while lounging on her brother. And watch her shows.
So here's to Southern snow days. May we never get the hang of driving on the ice, become comfortable with an inch of snow covering the yard, so that we may always have snow days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


























Okay, we are gabbie(pajama) look-alikes! AG has the princess gabbies S was wearing in another post...plus, the two from this post. So funny! I am jealous of the snow...we haven't got much here in the Lonestar State! Miss y'all.
ReplyDelete