Tuesday, July 5, 2011

happy 4th {a little late}

I can't believe it's been so long since I last blogged!  Wow.  I hope I can remember how.  *grin*


We had a really great - yet super low-key - 4th of July.  At home.  Well, mostly.

We started the morning off with a Target run.  I've been organizing our closet and I need....well, stuff.  I'm looking for cute containers, boxes, etc.  My problem is that I just can't settle on a color scheme.  I thought I'd be completely inspired once I got there...but alas, i was not.

We then came home and the kids had a blast playing with all their beach stuff.  Our vacay is coming....but not fast enough for them. 

I hope - on their 2,756th time to ask are we there yet??? - they remember their passion for sand.  And water.  And waves.

My computer is running updates.

Which means my computer is as slow as....as slow as....as slow as my creativity right now.

Perhaps it's the computer's lack of speed that's bogging down my brain.  It couldn't possibly be the 2 brothers who keep popping in every 2.2 minutes to tattle on each other.  Noooo, that couldn't possibly be it.

Ya know, it's funny.  After our little "incident" we had during Bubba's birthday bash (like the alliteration???), I've learned a lot about my parenting style.  I'll intervene when needed, but kids need to learn to work out stuff all on their own.  Isn't that why we're here?  To equip them?  Not to do it for them???  My kid has been treated poorly by the accuser of that day.  But that kid continues to be ignored welcome in my home.  That's just life.


And now, because I'm constantly having to wait for my computer to catch up with me, I'm going to reboot.  And let the updates finish.  Without bothering it with blogging.

Guess I'll have to do a 2-day 4th post.  Or perhaps a 4-day post for the 4th.  Or a 235-day post for America's 235th birthday.  Wha???  No????

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
By the by, Saturday night I actually crafted

I.  Kid.  You.  Not.

I'll be blogging about that soon and showing the goods.  Enjoy your Tuesday.  I have one kid sleeping, 2 kids playing/fighting, and all 3 kids who partied a little too hard on our country's birthday.

Is 4 p.m. too early for bed?  I mean for me.  Not the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment