Thursday, July 7, 2011

impromptu tea party

So how do you get 2 little fellas to have a tea party with their sister?

1.  Build tent.


2.  Feed them.

I have to admit, the boys really had a good time with this.  I mean, come on....it's food.  They are boys.  1 + 1 = FEED ME.

First they had to check everything out.

Keep in mind this was IMPROMPTU....meaning I didn't color coordinate anything.  I've seen blogs/magazines where the tablecloths matched the kids' clothing which matched the flowers which matched the ticking on the curtains which matched the straws which made me vomit.  And then vomit some more.  {actually, I love it}

And then the writer announces that it was "thrown together." While lightening strikes them.  Ha.

This was just a chance for the kids -- and eventually me -- to have a tea party.  And show Doh Doh what it's all about.  *wink*


Naturally Bubba, the oldest, was the designated pourer.  If it were a real tea party one would've asked, "Shall I pour out?" 

I didn't dare take it that far.

I sooooooo love Doh Doh's hair in that pic.  Don't you?  I mean seriously.....bee hive church lady, anyone?

Yes, it was morning.  It was a non-swimming day and a much-needed indoor day.  That equals a stay-in-jammies-all-day kinda day for us.  {oh, how I heart those days}

Check.  Out.  Those.  Piggies.

*love*


We're working on the pinky.

And the whole not slurping thing.

Etiquette just isn't really something I'm working on at 2 years old.  Not pulling her diaper off and streaking outside naked IS something I'm working on.

Kinda.


They were good sports.  Actually, great sports.  And truth be told, they had a WAY better time than Doh Doh.  I'm gonna remind them of that when they're 16.

With pictures to prove it.

Cuz that's just the kinda momma I am. 

Notice there are no pics of me???  Remember, I told you it was a stay-in-jammies-all-day kinda day.  And so you're welcome. *wink*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Soooo, speaking of color coordinating everything and cutesy-puh-tootsy-schmoozy stuff.....I'm considering having a neighborhood block party.  Anyone ever done it?  We live on a small street....only about 10 houses or so.  I'm considering one for this Fall.....just a cookies and lemonade kind of evening event.

I'm envisioning red, white, aqua....pure deliciousness.  A checked tablecloth on the main table serving fresh squeezed lemonade and sweet treats.  Cutesy name tags.  The whole she-bang.

Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment