Wednesday, July 6, 2011

the 4th {take 2}

Ok, here we go.  More 4th pictures......


I mentioned yesterday we had a very low-key day.  Those really are just the best.


We aren't big fireworks people. 

smoke bombs 
snap dragons 
sparklers 

That's more our speed.

The boys loved it.  Although you'll notice Bruiser the wimpiest momma's boy on the face of the planet is not helping with the lighting.  Or the setting up.  Just the viewing.


We also worked in the garden.  That's about half the bounty.  After I took in the colander I noticed my biggest and fattest tomato had one very big bite taken out of it.


It's a darn good thing she's so stinkin' cute.


These pictures are primarily just to prove that my children -- especially Doh Doh -- actually do wear clothing.


Apparently, she's in a diaper in a lot of our pictures (see above and below if you don't believe me).  That has been brought to my attention.  Numerous times.

What can I say.....I hate laundry.

Actually, I strip her down to eat b/c she's quite the little piggy.  Half the time the clothing just never makes it back on.  This does not bother me.  Does it bother you?


We did burgers, oven fries, and lots of other good eats.  I failed to get pics of that.  You'll just have to trust me....it was goooo--ooood.


Ahhh, Bruiser....my love.  Finally got brave enough to stick his hand in the smoke.  lovethatkid


Did I mention we had dinner AND a show?


And did I mention there were fudge bars?

It was a good day.  Thanks, America.  For having a great birthday.

It's rare that we've had such a low-key 4th.  But we may just make it a tradition.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news....I'm cleaning house today.  Yeah, doesn't sound like fun to me either.  But I'm just a little excited......b/c we're starting to get into a nice morning routine.  I'm hoping that routine will extend itself today....so that the fellas don't lose momentum.  They love to vacuum.  And dust.  And I hope that today they really wanna check off those chores online.  Cuz we've got lots to do.

I'm also hoping about Doh Doh's naptime my mom calls and offers to take the boys.  B/c I would love an afternoon of quiet.  Ya know, while I cleaned. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment