Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Eye Candy

I love looking at houses. As a kid I would sit and savor all the house plan books my Dad had. I would even cut out floor plans until I got it just the way I wanted it...making the perfect house.
In college I loved decorating whatever house, apartment, or duplex I was living in.

Not sure why I haven't perfected the house I live in now. I guess b/c it never looked like what I envisioned living in I wasn't that interested in fixing it up. Or maybe it was just overwhelming and I eventually gave up.

I have no idea. (Well, I do...but that's another post for another time.) But I do know this -- even though my house never really "looked" like me, the inside has been perfect. I would have never known we would love an open floor plan had it not been for this house. In college I lived in a studio apartment that was (obviously) an open floor plan...but considering the size, it was a little too open. Having guests access the only bathroom through my enormous walk-in closet was...well, interesting.

Anyway, as we search for the perfect house for us, we're discovering it's very hard to find. I want the perfect neighborhood. I want the perfect house. I want the perfect layout. If you can throw in a lake then it's total perfection.

I like what I have now. I just need some more of it. And I don't want to settle. I want what I want. And I feel like we'll eventually find it.

So in the meantime, as I search for perfection or what I can turn into perfection, I get to decide what that house will eventually look like. You see, I said good-bye several years ago to my true style. I turned traditional, which I love, but I still have to throw in MY style, MY kick, MY look.

I keep an idea file (which is more of a file in my mind...probably oughtta turn that into a REAL file, like 3-ring binder bulging with pictures. hmmm, I'm sensing a project here)....so that when the Lord shows us where He wants us to move, I'll be ready. I found these pictures today on House of Turquoise. I think I'm in love.

But seriously y'all, could you imagine my man living in a house with this staircase??? Sigh. I love it.


Now, if I could find this little beauty in the perfect neighborhood I'd be all atwitter. But I'm pretty sure here in the Fort it doesn't exist....

Can't remember where I found this picture below, but I had it stored away. Don't you just want to go thru that door and explore? Actually, part of me feels like if I were to walk through it I'd be trespassing. But I might find Mary and Colin from The Secret Garden.

Now y'all know of my love of turquoise and red, or aqua and red....whatever. But check out this pink and turquoise room. Isn't it just too cute? I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do in Doh Doh's room once she's out of her crib. I think a white iron bed is calling my....errr, I mean HER name. Yeah, HER name...that's it.


You do notice the red on these curtains below, right??? Right? And her dress. And her pretend ironing board. It screams We Help Mommy, my all-time favorite Golden book.



Love this room below. I would, however, have to tone down the neon green bookshelf. A little too 1980s neon green for me. BUT the rest is just plain fun.

So what do you think? Any of this your style? When I started this post the whole purpose was to show a room I'd found with a pink painted floor. I can't find that picture. Guess I don't remember what blog I was on...typical. But I'll keep searching. The room deserves to be shared.
I'm also pretty sure that my man just looked at the room above and has decided to never move out of the house we're in now.

No comments:

Post a Comment