Dear Bubba,
Six years ago today I was working hard on pushing out a 9 lb 1 oz bundle of hilarity. After 2 hours of such intensity that nurses were requesting a C-section, and well after ALL pain meds (and I do mean ALL) had worn off, you decided to finally enter our world outside of the warm haven you'd called home for well over 9 months. Well over. Ahem.
I knew immediately that you were something special, something different. I know all mothers say things like that. But I truly mean it. No other newborns come out wide eyed and staring all around...and not crying. No other newborns spend their first night wide awake and not sleeping. And not crying. No other newborns spend as much time looking around, taking in their surroundings, without dozing off. And not crying. No other newborns come out acting like old men.
But you did. Yes, you certainly did.
And so I knew, sweet Bubba, as I woke in the middle of the night our first night together, and found you staring at me...and at the ceiling...and back at me, that something about you was just...well, different. And it's been an amazing six years with you.
From car keys to cars, from desk organizers to bluegrass music, you have proven that you are your own individual. You march to your own drummer.
And I love it. And my prayer for you, sweet Bubba, is that you stay that way. You continue to jam out to your bluegrass music, collecting car keys and keychains, hoarding all your sweet nothings away, and just continue to be YOU. Because that's how our God made you. You are "fearfully and wonderfully made."
Most definitely wonderfully made. So happy birthday, sweet boy. Happy 6th birthday.
Love,
Momma




No comments:
Post a Comment