Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Best Made Plans

Is that the phrase? The best made plans? The best laid plans? The best....why does my brain not work like it's supposed to anymore? Sheesh! I know that's what Google's for, but frankly, I'm a little lazy right now.

I've been sick. Horribly stomach virusy sick. And I'm praising the Lord that it has left me. I just hope as it left my body it wasn't jumping all over my children, sweet sweet man, and precious mother. The virus that is, not nasty other stuff. And how gross of you for thinking that other stuff anyway.

Ok, so back to the best laid made whatever the heck it is plans.

So we are currently in the process of making alternative -- ahem -- vacation plans.

Big, long, dramatic sigh.

Followed by another smaller, but no less dramatic, sigh.

Thank you, BP. I'm wondering, do you plan to reimburse me for all the extremely cute beachwear I bought Doh Doh? Cuz there's some seriously cute stuff I bought.

Oh, who am I kidding? She's wearing it all whether we hit the beach or not.

We've kept our beach vaca plans despite the oil spill. Only today we discovered that there is now an ODOR at the beach...and they've also closed the ocean. As of right now the beaches are still open, but the water is closed. Kinda defeats the purpose of going. (Ok, is it funny to anyone else to say that the ocean is 'closed?' I mean seriously, how do you close an ocean? Like one big zipper or something? And if you do decide to get in, like if you think oil is a good anti-aging component or something, will the authorities come and take you away? Force you to attend a 12-step anti-oil program? Ok, I know the oil spill is not funny. It's my way of coping.)

So we're searching for alternatives...where we don't have to fly....and where 3 little kids will be happy....in a low-key setting where we can just CHILL. If you have kids I know you just all shouted a resounding AMEN to that last part. I want to CHILL on vaca. That's the point. Long ago I used to cram every amazing local feature into my vacations, and I'm sure I'll do that again when my kiddos are older. But these days I enjoy the word CHILL when associated with my vaca plans.

Well, whatever we decide to do for vacation, I have no doubt that this little lady will be looking dapper.

We just MAY have found a place. But we'll see. I just gotta get somewhere where this little bathing beauty can show off all that seriously cute swimwear.
Cuz seriously, how cute is that?
Yes, I know she's my kid.

I threw those pictures in for you, Nona. You like?

No comments:

Post a Comment