Sunday, June 13, 2010

His Amazing Grace

Everyday I'm humbled by my Lord.

Everyday I'm amazed by His provisions.

Everyday I'm overwhelmed at His mercies.

Everyday I'm BLESSED.

I've had dark times in my life and will, no doubt, have more in the future. We live in a fallen world, and even when we accept Christ we are not guaranteed a life filled with pleasure. I can tell you, however, that we are created for His glory -- despite what a selfish world will tell you. We are not created to service our own selfish needs. If you've yet to discover this, let that sink in a minute. Once you've made that realization, your life will change.

And, in this world of darkness, we have a Hope. And I can tell you what I've quoted through my dark times:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understandings, but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. -- Proverbs 3:4-6

Sorrow may last for the night, but joy comes in the morning. -- Psalm 30:5

And although not a Scripture, one of my favorite songs is Steadfast Love of the Lord. The lyrics are simple. Sincere. Amazing.

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning, new every morning. Great is Thy faithfulness, O Lord. Great is Thy faithfulness.

I serve a risen Savior. I serve a Lord whose mercies NEVER come to an end. His love is steadfast, never ending. And His faithfulness is great. So great it's beyond our mental grasp. But he accepts me as is. And I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment