Monday, September 19, 2011

it's monday

It's Monday and I'm listening to the hum of the washer, dryer, and dishwasher.

I'm sitting in my finally-almost-finished-decorating-living room, which I worked on all weekend.  I have 2 walls to finish hanging a few things on and a corner to put something in....either a display ladder or an easel with a picture.  Can't decide.

I just finished two containers of key lime greek yogurt and a cokedon't judge.

My boys are at school.  Doh Doh is napping.  Golden Girls is playing on the big screen.

Yes, it's ok to be jealous of me.  *wink*

Over the weekend I nursed a sickly little lady with a stomach virus and a sinus infection-producing cough.  It wasn't too bad....but I had cleaned for days in anticipation of our small group meeting here last night.  {By the way, thanks Amanda for taking over!!!  I owe ya.}

Despite her sickness, we had a great weekend.  I cleaned.  Decorated.  Made my vegetarian chili.

Oh, who am I kidding.  It really looked like this.


Cleaned some more.  Organized.  Threatened Bubba within an inch of his life to quit leaving his crap laying around the house.  Worked on a new wreath for the front door.  Made manly chili. 


Set up train tracks. 


Sought Pinterest for some design inspiration.  Overate.  And then ate some more.  And then made lemon squares.


And while I did all that, my man worked in the yard.  So yep, all in all it was a super productive very awesome calming weekend.  I think I'll take another one of those, please.  Oh, and the Hogs won!  So yeehaw we had a great weekend. 

{Despite washing Doh Doh's sheets 3 times.  And several pairs of jammies.  And baths at 4 in the morning.  And 8.  And noon.  And just before bed.  And 30 minutes after bedtime.  *sigh*}

I also spent part of my weekend missing my new craft friends.  In case you missed the memo, I had an amazing opportunity to go to Craft Weekend with Meg, Ashley, and Kimberlee.  If you don't already read their blogs (and seriously, who doesn't???) then please do so.  They are awesome, awesome Godly women I take pleasure in saying are now friends.  {I don't really care if they call me a friend or not....cuz I'm calling them friends. *grin*}

Here are the blogs of my new crafty friends.  Great ladies.  Great blogs.  Great times!

Melissa
Keri
Crystal
Kate

Check out their blogs!  They've all done great posts on Craft Weekend.  And all have WAY awesome photography skills unlike yours truly *ahem*.  (I left out one - Cyndi - b/c she hasn't yet posted on Craft Weekend and I'm not sure she would want hers posted.)

Also, Meg is doing highlights of the sponsors of Craft Weekend.  You'll get to see all the seriously snazzy loot we were able to haul home.  Today's sponsor is Lucius Art.  And this is no joke....I was about to buy the print we got! 


I'm so excited that I plan on buying a different print from him.  Just b/c he's so awesome to sponsor Craft Weekend!

And soon I'll share my beautiful necklace from Crystal!  She was at Craft Weekend, a new friend, and brought us all necklackes from her Etsy shop.  And get this:  she was in my Etsy favorites already.  And then I met her.  And snagged an awesome necklace.  Isn't that bizarre??? 

Ok, it's time to enjoy my last hour of silence before the fellas - and all their funky school smells - bombard my home.  I think I'll sip a steamy hot cup of coffee, prop up my feet, and just listen to some good tunes.  If you could read that without snorting, you haven't been reading my blog long enough.  I'm actually gonna fold laundry.  And watch Golden Girls.  Cuz that's just how I roll.  *wink*

1 comment:

  1. So many things to comment on...
    1. I'm wearing my Crystal necklace today. Love it.
    2. I want another Lucius Art print, too. I like the home one. Maybe because I like the song so much.
    3. Your chili looks so good!
    4. I really want to go back to Craft Weekend...if even for one day...to see all you girls again.

    ReplyDelete