Wednesday, September 14, 2011

if you ever get the chance...

to go away for a craft weekend {with a group of complete strangers}........


JUST DO IT.


pics above from Meg

{If you know me at all, you know my obsession with Nike.  So I just had to.  I had to JUST DO IT. *wink*}


Years ago, before kids, some girlfriends and I used to sneak away for a weekend at my friend's cabin.  We scrapbooked the entire time.  I don't really scrap anymore and have always preferred other crafts over scrapbooking, but I still long for those weekends. 

They were fun.


Craft Weekend was like that, but.....way more....way, way more......and it was....well, it was...... .........GLORIOUS.  I promise that is no over-kill.

Y'all, not even looking at the craft aspect of it -- which was AWESOME -- but the friendships

the bonding

the sharing

the uninterrupted by wiping a rear end while holding a mouthful of needles b/c I was in the middle of pinning a sewing project........  Well, you get it.


It was bliss. (the lady pics...again from Meg)

And I came home to sloppy wet kisses, a filthy house, school folders unsigned and untouched, laundry......all that to prove that I am needed.  *grin*

By the way, last year when I was purchasing a new camera I got the WORST ADVICE EVER and bought a point & shoot instead of the dSLR I so craved.  That is my disclaimer for MY crappy photos.  Please hop over to Ashley's, Meg's and Kimberlee's blogs for more of their photos.  I'll share links to my fellow crafters' blogs at the end.  They have AWESOME photos!!


We started with aprons.  I've made aprons before, but this was a twist.  We started with a plain white apron and jazzed it up.  Not having to construct my own?  Awesome.  Adding a ruffle to something plain??  Perfection.

Mine is the one on the far left end. (pic from Meg)  Don't you love all the color???

Bib necklaces were next on the agenda.  I haven't finished mine just yet b/c I have the PERFECT antique beads from my grandmother to go with it.

 Mine is red, aqua, and white.  Go figure.  *wink*

Third and final {group} project was pillows.  I won't be showing mine.  Mine turned out a little too floppy.  More sewing and some tweaking....and Tim Gunn saying in my ear MAKE IT WORK.  Maybe then I'll share.  {ahem}

More tomorrow on the craft house, antiquing, and the SWAG.  Seriously, we got such great stuff, from great sponsors, that I plan on doing a post on it.  To thank them.  For all 4 of you who read my blog, I'm sure they'll appreciate it.  *wink*

But for now, I'm off.  {yes, in more ways than one}  I'm off to start my dSLR shopping and researching.  Anyone have one they'd like to unload sell to a sweet, Southern sucker?  I mean, lady.  A sweet, Southern lady.  ahem.

3 comments:

  1. I am with you on the camera...I have been watching a couple on Amazon and hope to get a new one for Christmas!!!!!!!I HATE my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought mine through Zeff Photo via Ebay. I was super happy with them.

    My camera seems to be back to normal now. So weird. I didn't do anything to it. It simply decided to behave itself again.

    Love these posts and will be so sad when the Craft Weekend recaps aren't showing up in my Google Reader feed anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i miss you AMY!!!!!
    i can hear your voice in my head.
    wish i could chat with you while you make aprons and i drink coffee. :)
    this is a great post.
    thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete