Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Many of you woke yesterday morning excited with the nip in the air.

I almost shed tears.  I kid you not.

It's not that I don't enjoy Fall....I just really LOVE summer.  And the older I get, the worse it gets.  I used to love the 4 seasons.  Now I dread anything but Spring and Summer.

What's really bad is that I'm married to a winter-lover.  Go figure.  Opposites truly attract.

So anyway, fighting thu my depression over summer leaving me, over the weekend we started sorting thru a few hand-me-downs.  These jammies absolutely crack me up.

What cracks me up even more - besides the stance - is that this is my extremely hot-natured child.

In footed jammies.
When all he can sleep in is underwear.
With one sheet covering him.
Even in the dead of winter.

That's his cousin's beach hat.  In footed jammies.  ilovethisboy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday I made bruschetta for lunch.  And for the first time all summer I used store-bought tomatoes and onions.  Ugh.  My basil is full, beautiful, and growing like a weed.  But my maters......siiiiiigh.

I did find this one, hidden in the back, but as you can see it ain't a great one.  Do you see why I hate Fall?  And winter???????


My roses, however, are in full bloom.  shhhh, even the ones I neglected all summer.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know this is going to seem really weird to you all.  But I have no secrets. 

And clearly no shame.


Yesterday I put a shower curtain liner in the boys' bathroom.
The curtain I had.  A liner....well, it was never really top priority.


So I snagged a cute sea-themed liner.  And for the first time since moving in almost a year ago, they used their own shower.  And my shower heaved a sigh of relief.  *wink*

And Doh Doh liked it, too.  hilarious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And I leave you with this.  The note left on Bubba's plate after dinner last night.

What a nerd.

{And yes, I'm teaching him to spell FINISHED.}

No comments:

Post a Comment