Thursday, September 22, 2011

oh happy day

Today is my brother's birthday.


My brother is the one on the end.  The fair-skinned kiddo in the middle is my cousin.  And yes, that chubby cutie in the bikini is me.  Eat your heart out.  {Eat is exactly right.  Sheesh.}


I wouldn't normally post this.  But I was able to scrounge around and find a couple of pictures.  So I thought, why not?

My brother was my hero when we were kids.  He's one seriously amazing man today.

Although my parents lived it by example, John was the first to explain what is and how to have a quiet time.  His explanation:  get up early in the morning, read your Bible, pray, and just have alone time with the Lord.

I could do that.

I got my non-morning-person 10-year old butt outta bed at 2:30 a.m., went into my closet so a light wouldn't disturb anyone else, sat on the floor, and opened my Bible.  I woke up an hour later, sleepily drug myself outta the closet, crawled into bed, and vowed morning quiet times were stinkin' ridiculous. 


No worries.  He later explained by EARLY he meant a half hour or so earlier than I would normally get up.  Not 5 hours earlier.  That tidbit of info would've been helpful in the beginning.  *ahem*

Happy Birthday, John.

I'd gush here about your greatness and blah, blah, blah...but that isn't really our thang. 

So HB. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment